Grundy WINS

642doubleplay

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction stands Grundy 1+. Way to go guys :D

Who pitched for WV...Stephens??? I think TJ just throws so slow no one can hit him; but whatever it is, it's working for him. :P I know Hixson had a tough time with him, they couldn't wait on it.

WORD OF ADVICE Maybe it's too late in the season to give this a whirl, but I would be willing to bet that if you threw Tobo first (90mph), and then brought in TJ(appx.60mph) later in the game, the hitters would be swinging out of their shoes.

Just a thought.

Edited by shakinbake22

Nice job Grundy!

The reason Grundy was able to knock off Walker Valley is very simple and is very typical of high school baseball.

Grundy---

1) made the routine plays

2) kept their composure

3) pitched around trouble well

4) got the lead early in the game

The reason Walker Valley lost was equally as obvious.

1) made errors early

2) got frustrated

3) didn't get the timely hit when they needed it

Nice work by the Yellow Jackets...I'm with you all the way!!!

tee1up hit it right on the nose, Walker had their chances on both sides of the ball, McGuire pitched for Walker, Struck out 9 gave up 5 hits, Walked 5 and 1 earned run I think, Walker had 7 hits but made some errors they usually don't make, and Grundy's pitcher got the big strike out when he needed it. Congrats Grundy, great job Walker on a 23 game win streak. Not to many teams can say that, hope to see both Teams in Memphis.

Pretty good game. I have definitely seen better out of WV. I think Grundy's edge was their "10th" man on the field. No, I'm not talking about the umpire. I'm talking about the fans. The biggest crowd I have ever seen at a High School baseball game. They were into the game from the player announcements to the final out. A lot could be learned from them. How do you get that support? I honestly believe that that added distraction had an effect on the game. Anyhow, I expect for both of these teams to advance maybe even meet up again.