Hunters Lane v. Rossview

hawkgradgold1

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck to Coach Carter and the Warriors on Friday. Hunter's Lane is lucky to have him as a their coach.

Ditto to that comment. Hunters lane may have less overall talent than previous years, but they have more discipline, pride, and more of a hard work ethic. Jim Carter(head coach) and Carmon Brown(his assistant) are the reason. They are both fine coaches and leaders of young men. Go Warriors!

Otis, are you saying that a group of kids in Metro Nashville has discipline?? Now you know people are going to think those you have lost your mind but you are totally right on this one!! Coaches Jim Carter, Carmon Brown, and Clint Finch have done an outstanding job this year undoing the wrongs of Hunters Lane's former coach (excuse me person who got a supplement for allowing his wife to put together a line-up each game).

The players finally love the game now and have a hunger to win that wasn't there before. Carter, Brown, and Finch have done a great job.

I'm going out on a limb here, the game is at Hunters Lane, the Warriors are hungry to get to Memphis, and are playing very "inspired" baseball lately. Prediction: Hunters Lane Warriors in a not close game!

Hawkgradgold1, keys to the game: If Rossview don't hit well and/or don't field well, they lose! Simple as that :)

coach carter has a done a great job coaching his team there was a big improvement between last years team and this one from what i understand. let's not overlook the program that coach Rice is building in clarksville either. every year has produced 20 wins and a trip to regions with his program making it to sectionals in their thid year. they have a hunger to win also (like every team this time of year) i'm expecting a close game but its a coin toss as to who is goin to come on top. i'll go with rossview 4-2. good luck to both teams.

as in any game of baseball - there are 4 keys to the game - pitching, defense, baserunning, execution of offense - a breakdown in any one of these can lead to defeat when you reach the regional and sectional rounds - the teams that are still playing are here for a reason - even if they got a break or two to get here - they did what it took to win the important games - both schools play in weak districts - if you don't agree to that you don't know HS baseball - however, what sets these two teams apart is that they go out and schedule tough opponents in order to see better competition - that is why they are here! this game could go either way - it will come down to who plays the most complete game -

Edited by baseballwizard

There is a line in the movie Bull Durham when the manager throws the bats into the shower while upset that goes "This is a simple game, you hit the ball, you throw the ball, and you catch the ball". This game will come down to which ever pitchers are on, whoever is hitting well, and who makes the least mental mistakes!

Remember, this game is about 15, 16, 17, & 18 year old kids playing a fun game. You never know what may happen!

Does not surprise me that Hunter's Lane has discipline and pride. I am sure that Coach Brown has helped instill that along with the other coaches. Carmon learned alot of valuable lessons from his father, Coach Mel Brown. Good Luck! Oh by the way Carmon, how did it feel to beat one of your hero's, Coach Norris. Good Luck N.I.L, I mean Metro Nashville !!!