Tired of the CC and Riverdale Bashing

real player

I am so tired of hearing of the bashing between CC and Riverdale and more specifically Jeff Breeden. First, parents and people need to stay out of athletics if your not the coach involved. You turn your child over to that coach to teach them and mold them into a great athlete. Being a previous Lady Raider for Jeff Breeden and in those days he was referred to simply as "Range", was the single most influential person in my softball career. He took me to whole different level. Breeden teaches more than just how to play the game, he teaches mental toughness as well as physical toughness. He teaches about what discipline and dedication are. However, he is always there for his players when they need him. Breeden left CC for various reasons. It is ridiculous to bash him for leaving a program that he built. He chose to leave and wherever he is at he will be successful. Some need not be angry with him for leaving, but instead congratulate him on what he has achieved. So Range thanks for all the rigorous practices, runs around the fence, and for teaching us how to be Real Players.

Real Player Class of 96

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AMEN ! ! ! ! Respect is due a man with such a legacy from the "early years" of Tennessee high school softball (by the way, when was the first team formed in high school softball??? - can he be referred to as one of the "Old-Timers" yet??) Also, besides "Range" he's aka "Biggie B" - as well as other names!! ;)

Blake . . . Top Gun . . . might be an interesting subject!! ;)

What is interesting about him? The only thing that I know is that Top Gun made Breeden what he is today!!!!! I know more nicknames for him than anyone. To answer your question about softball, I have the original softball information source on my side of town. My main man, Nelson, said that high school softball originated in a cow pasture in Hillsboro, TN, on Logans Chapel Rd. in front of Coach Floyd's house in 1914. They used cow patties for bases. Sticks for bats. Rocks for balls Original home team coach: Skeeder Willis. Original Fan: Goodloe McLaughlin. Original Umpire: Flash Matthews. Is that picture colorful enough? Good Luck Coffee vs. Soddy. Due to never beating them, the odds are on your side.

topgun is correct in most of what he said, but it was not in hillsboro; softball started just across the alabama state line up on little crow creek near sherwood, tennessee; that is also where the legendary robin hood still hails from.

I used to hang out in Sherwood as a boy. Great basketball town. Guys were so good they played in boots. :ph34r:

HEY , TOP GUN THAT WAS A GREAT POST . THIS IS WHAT THESE POST SHOULD BE ABOUT . I JUST WANT TO SAY TO MY FRIENDS BLAKE AND JEFF , GOOD LUCK THIS SUMMER AND STOP BY STORE WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE.. BY THE WAY I HAVE GOT TO GO AND MOVE THE COWS GOT TO PRACTICE. HA!!!!!!!! SEE YA . TERRY

Good stuff