Lebanon

I knew all the excuses would start... your rationale is telling! I am very pleased that you continue to have faith in your teams. Please do not stop cheering for them.

You do not know who is recruiting Jessica and who is not. Marketing has a great deal to do with who has contacted Cait, and the contacts are well deserved.

Let me just give you the list of the best players in the state of Tennessee in alphabetical order:

Kristen Bains Waverly HS

Kate Batey Gallatin HS

Juliana Brown Franklin Road Acd

Jacquelyn Chenger Franklin Road Acd

Alysha Clark Mt. Juliet HS

Christian Gibson Mt. Juliet HS

Kinsley Longhurst Father Ryan

Kristen Lytle Father Ryan

LaCondra Mason Chattanooga Christian

Jessica Mooney Hillsboro HS

Kimberly Palmer Riverdale HS

There is the entire pudding, and the icing is Coach Tiffany Woosley!

Edited by CPGB06

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very interesting topic and I dont really have a dog in the fight. However I do have a observation, based on what I saw yesterday I think that if the TTP 16u played the TN Stars 16u 10 times the TTP would win 7 out of the ten. I know that the Stars had players not playing but I think that they would only help in certain situations. My observation is that the TTP has the advantage when it comes to the inside game (post) and I think that is what wins games in girls AAU basketball. Now the issue of Cait vs other players. Cait McMahan is the best 16u guard in this state hands down. All you have to do is watch her and understand why she is getting all of the attention. SHE HAS IT ALL PERIOD!!! She is just not on the best 16U girls team in the state this year that goes to the Tennessee Team Pride.

Let me just give you the list of the best players in the state of Tennessee in alphabetical order:

Kristen Bains Waverly HS

Kate Batey Gallatin HS

Juliana Brown Franklin Road Acd

Jacquelyn Chenger Franklin Road Acd

Alysha Clark Mt. Juliet HS

Christian Gibson Mt. Juliet HS

Kinsley Longhurst Father Ryan

Kristen Lytle Father Ryan

LaCondra Mason Chattanooga Christian

Jessica Mooney Hillsboro HS

Kimberly Palmer Riverdale HS

LOL.....may God help you CPGB06, because you have lost your mind.

I really don't have a dog in the fight in the 16 under ranks but after watching the 15 and 16 under state, I would take Shelbyville Sport Shop and Tennessee Tigers Select over both 16 under teams. I think that Team Pride and Stars both have talented players but neither one of them compare to what the 15 under finals had. The third place 15 under team from what I was told beat the first place 16 under team. It shows how strong the 15 under age is in the State of Tennessee.

Also with all the talk about Team Pride, I went to the National AAU site to see what you all placed in the Nationals last year but couldn't find anything on it. If someone out there can help me please inform me.

Yesterday, Team Pride outplayed Tennessee Stars and deserved to win the game but it would have been alot closer if the 3 kids that were in street clothes on Stars bench were out on the court playing. I'm not saying that Stars would have beat Pride but I am saying it would have been alot closer than what it ended up being. It really wasn't a good game at all and I even left the gym and went home with 8 min to play. Congratulations to Tiffany Woosley and her team and hope that all teams that are going to Chatt in July represent the state of Tennessee well.

PtG12:

Thanks for the prayer. I will take help from God in any manner I can get it! Even with an insult.

Which girl on the list would you remove?

Showtime7:

Are you still trying to get us to come to your tournament on June 11th? My offer still stands.

Watcher:

What were you watching?

More excuses... I thought that every girl on this team was hand selected because they were the best of the best of the best. They are the elite NIKE team. I have always heard that you can sub and not lose any level of play. I thought that everyone on this team was equally great, with the exception of Cait, who is better than anyone...period. But still there are excuses?

And thank you for your single post. Now would be a great time to become a PLUS member. Only $12.00 per year!

All of the Cait and Jessica comparisons make for good message board chatter but the bottom line is these are two very good players who both seem to enjoy playing the game and probably would have enjoyed it more if they were allowed to guard each other.Cait picked up two fouls in the first two minutes checking Jessica and had to go to the bench.When she came back the game was already out of hand.She picked up most of her points late in the game when no one seemed to care to guard her. Jessica was never allowed to guard Cait but she still got in foul trouble and spent time on the bench. I don't have the stats but if Cait had 30 Jessica couldn't have been for behind plus some spectacular assist and blocked shots.To say that one was the better player on the floor you would have to be biased.Cait may be the better player but yesterday was a draw. Good luck to both teams in the nationals. And to you career b-ball officianados I hope you

always stay in season B)

Why would I want to play a team that couldn't beat the third place team in my age group. What do you always say "It all about competition." There is no need for me to bring my girls in for a blow out. Go beat your 15 under team then if you can do that, you haven't done that yet, then give me a call and maybe I will think about playing you. thewatcher brought up a good point, How did you do last year at the Nationals? When he said something about it, I went for my self due from the way you talk you would think that a National Championship Trophy is sitting in your home. Again Congratulation on winning the State Tournament this past weekend.

When you asked me; "Can you give us any credit now haha." I did, without qualification.

You, on the other hand cannot give us the credit the we just earned. You cannot give credit without it being qualified or exposing an excuse as to why things did not go your way. I have not mentioned the Nationals, just this game.

There is no need for me to bring my girls in for a blow out. To use your own 15 Pride/15 SSS extrapolation, you should be able to just kill the Stars. After all, if we got beat by the 15U pride, the third team in the 15U State, and we beat the 16U Stars, then the Stars would be a cake-walk for you. Is this what you are saying? What does Uncle Burkey think about you saying that the 15U SSS could just kill the 16U Stars?

The State was a significant step. We are hopeful going forward. From the way you talk, sounds like your 15's are ready to win an NCAA. From what you have said, you had better bring home the AAU National title....or start thinking of your excuses now.

All you have is rhetoric...no action!

Edited by CPGB06