Congrats to Alcoa

TdTbb

Thanks alot man, I know we were real excited and so were our fans, its our first time to state, and Unicoi Co. was a great team who fought really hard too.

But the game went like this.... Unicoi was on the board first in the first inning with a hit and a couple of passed balls. They kept hitting the ball and tacked on 5 more runs to make it 6-0 going into the sixth. Then Alcoa exploded. Alcoa got a leadoff walk from Justin Ridenour, and then a basehit by Benny Fuller. Then Alcoa cleanup hitter Jordan Keller, hit a double into the right center gap and made the game 6-1. Alcoa's next batter grounded to third, then Colton Reid hit a bomb to left center, and made the score 6-4. Alcoa eventually got out of the inning with no more runs scored. Alcoa held the Blue Devils in their next at bat, and the score was still 6-4 going into Alcoa's final at bat. Justin Ridenour led off the inning again with a base hit, Benny Fuller gets a double in the right center gap, and Jordan Keller got plunked in the elbow, that loaded the bases for Logan Love. First pitch he sees goes over the left center fence for a grand slam, making the score 8-6. Colton Reid got a hit, Jacob Shamblin got a hit, then Joey McCown hits a three run homer over the right center fence making the score 11-6 Alcoa gets out the inning with no more runs, but very fired up. All we have to do is hold Unicoi in this at bat and we win. First batter strikes out, and the second batter hit a homerun making the score 11-7, next batter lined out to Brad Coulter at shortstop, and the last batter flied to first ending the game.

Final score:

Alcoa 11

Unicoi Co. 7

It was the most exciting game I've ever played in, I hope we can carry this momentum to Memphis.