WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like my concerns were well founded abour the Lady Bucs hitting. They were shut out by FRA 1-0. If you can't score, you can't win!

BTW, I agree strongly that Goodpasture is the favorite to win it all and would be in any of the classes. (See my post above)

yea, the shutout had nothing to do with FRAs defense and pitching right? FRA has played solid ball all year. Their defense and pitching has even allowed them to come with just a few runs of Goodpasture. GP is obviously the favorite, but FRA would love to get a fifth shot at them in the finals...

Hey, I just thought Id let everyone know that FRA just beat South Fulton 5-2

Also, being an FRA fan with not much softball interest before this year, how does the tournament format work? What are the scenarios? If FRA loses the first game against GP, is their next game still for the championship or do they go to another bracket and have to work their way back to the finals? Or do I have no idea what Im talking about?

And congratulations to Laura Matthews on being named to the MTSCA south team! Go FRA!

Edited by coasterboarder

Hey, I just thought Id let everyone know that FRA just beat South Fulton 5-2

Also, being an FRA fan with not much softball interest before this year, how does the tournament format work? What are the scenarios? If FRA loses the first game against GP, is their next game still for the championship or do they go to another bracket and have to work their way back to the finals? Or do I have no idea what Im talking about?

And congratulations to Laura Matthews on being named to the MTSCA south team! Go FRA!

Yes, congratulations to Laura and the rest of the Panthers- who would have thought at the beginning of this season that theyd make it this far. Thats unbelieavble!

Looks like my concerns were well founded abour the Lady Bucs hitting.  They were shut out by FRA 1-0.  If you can't score, you can't win!

BTW, I agree strongly that Goodpasture is the favorite to win it all and would be in any of the classes.  (See my post above)

yea, the shutout had nothing to do with FRAs defense and pitching right? FRA has played solid ball all year. Their defense and pitching has even allowed them to come with just a few runs of Goodpasture. GP is obviously the favorite, but FRA would love to get a fifth shot at them in the finals...

I'm not saying that at all! Props and big respect to FRA for getting into the winner's bracket final. They deserved to win if they shut out any team at the state tournament. I will say that it seems like the Lady Bucs' bats have awakened a little bit. Goodpasture and FRA are definitely in the "catbird" seats. The winner of that game will be sittin' pretty! I'd love to be there to see it.

I agree with Antwan, Bagwell could pitch and I think GHS would still take state. Their bats and defense are that good. But then again Bagwel is not to shabby of a pitcher and has beat some VERY good teams this year. Good luck girls. bring it back to 9A.

I didn't mean to slight Bagwell in my previous post. You are right...she is a very good pitcher too.

Congrats to the Lady Cougars and the Lady Bucs! It is abundantly clear that Goodpasture has been the best team in class A the last two years. It also seems fairly clear that BBS has been right on their heels each of the last two seasons. It is not beyond the realm of possibility to consider a rematch for 2005. The Lady Bucs will sorely miss Sarah Warren's pitching prowess, but don't sell Kyra Lee short. She will be a great pitcher for BBS. Pieroni and the Lady Cougars are in another league. They could clearly compete with anyone in this state, and probably anyone in the Southeast.