Mt.Pleasant vs. Goodpasture

walmart01

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

horrible Job by the broadcasters after the game. I think they just got caught up in the moment and were disappointed about the lose. I think they'd find that none of the Goodpasture players have been recuited, just some stupid excuse that takes away from the MP team. Think before you speak next time :lol: . Props to MP on their season and state tourny play.

Im sorry but the broadcasters just told it like it is. Not taking any credit away from Goodpasture but go back in the past 10 or so years in Baseball, basketball and football in single A championships and you'll get the picture on who has the advantage. Goodpasture may not recruit who knows, but there are advantages that privates have over public. Many people want to split private and public, i don't i like seeing them play each other. I would just like it to be fair between the two with no advantages. Once again congragulations to GP and Mp. Hopefully we can see these two teams face each other again in the future.

WHO GIVES A CRAP IF THE WINNER IS PRIVATE OR PUBLIC? BOTTOM LINE IS BOTH TEAMS HAD A CHANCE TO WIN A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. PLUS SO MANY THINGS HAVE TO GO RIGHT IN ORDER TO WIN IT ALL WHETHER YOU ARE PUBLIC OR PRIVATE. CONGRATS TO GOODPASTURE AND RICHIE ESTEP ON HIS FIRST STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!

In response to all of the "recruiting" talk, I believe that people should research this and get a little background on the situation before they make brash comments about it. Here is Goodpasture's lineup:

1. Chris Lowe-came to GHS in 5th grade

2. Austin Tice-attented GHS his whole life

3. Jay Moreland-attented GHS his whole life

4. Brad Cobb-attented GHS his whole life

5. Danny Pulley-came to GHS in 9th grade

6. Cory Herbert-came to GHS in 10th grade from another private school(DCA) to play for a better program

7. Justin Sturdivant-attented GHS his whole life

8. Michael Shaw-came in elementary school

9. Chassen Haynes-attented GHS his whole life

2 starting pitchers, Michael McGee and John Hooper have been at GHS since middle school and the other, Eric Diaz has been at GHS his whole life.

Edward Porter, Raleigh McCool and Will Cripps, the first 3 guys off the bench, came in 5th grade, 5th grade and was there his whole life, respectively.

So, either Goodpasture is recruiting a lot of benchwarmers, Coach Estep has an eye for VERY young talent(I heard he was after this 5 year old kid who was tearing it up in tee ball), or this is just another lame excuse by inferior progams.

I don't believe private schools recruit but #6 on your list is exactly what the public schools are complaining about. They don't have to recruit because the better players can pick which school they want to go to. The good thing about this is you will get a whole new crowd of people complaining about this in 2006. Mainly AA schools.

idiotface31 whatsup we did it baby you beat me to the punch i had been making calls to teammates so that i could make the same post that you just made anyway good job of putting people in their place ( i loved the tee ball comment ) and anyway i will see you later

In response to all of the "recruiting" talk, I believe that people should research this and get a little background on the situation before they make brash comments about it. Here is Goodpasture's lineup:

1. Chris Lowe-came to GHS in 5th grade

2. Austin Tice-attented GHS his whole life

3. Jay Moreland-attented GHS his whole life

4. Brad Cobb-attented GHS his whole life

5. Danny Pulley-came to GHS in 9th grade

6. Cory Herbert-came to GHS in 10th grade from another private school(DCA) to play for a better program

7. Justin Sturdivant-attented GHS his whole life

8. Michael Shaw-came in elementary school

9. Chassen Haynes-attented GHS his whole life

2 starting pitchers, Michael McGee and John Hooper have been at GHS since middle school and the other, Eric Diaz has been at GHS his whole life.

Edward Porter, Raleigh McCool and Will Cripps, the first 3 guys off the bench, came in 5th grade, 5th grade and was there his whole life, respectively.

So, either Goodpasture is recruiting a lot of benchwarmers, Coach Estep has an eye for VERY young talent(I heard he was after this 5 year old kid who was tearing it up in tee ball), or this is just another lame excuse by inferior progams.

The heart of the issue is where do the kids live? Which school zones?

A private school in the metro area (Davidson/Sumner County) has an advantage over a small rural school.

Edited by StanTrott