Good job USJ

p19dad

USJ Father and/or Mother, what are talking about on your forum topic description, "pretty good year". You guys won 40 games and made it to the state tournament. That's is a great year. That is the problem with USJ parents. Your young men have been in the state tournament so many times recently that just to make it is not good enough. I get the impression when I watch your team play that if your young men don't win the state championship than their season was just mediocre or pretty good. There is plenty of teams that would swap just to have that experience in playing in the tournament. I know I would have. It is not a personal attack on you, your players or coaches, or the school. 40 W's in three years in amazing. After watching you play this year, I will admit that the players were missing that swaggar that they have had in the past.

USJ Father and/or Mother, what are talking about on your forum topic description, "pretty good year". You guys won 40 games and made it to the state tournament. That's is a great year. That is the problem with USJ parents. Your young men have been in the state tournament so many times recently that just to make it is not good enough. I get the impression when I watch your team play that if your young men don't win the state championship than their season was just mediocre or pretty good. There is plenty of teams that would swap just to have that experience in playing in the tournament. I know I would have. It is not a personal attack on you, your players or coaches, or the school. 40 W's in three years in amazing. After watching you play this year, I will admit that the players were missing that swaggar that they have had in the past.

I`m sure a team like Maryville has the same feeling in football if they don`t win a state championship. Whenever a team reaches a certain level on a consistant basis anything less could be deemed mildly unsuccessful. For some teams making it past the district tournament would be a great year.

But you are right...USJ did have a great year.

And while I`m posting I want to give a shout out to Rockwood who also seems to make it to the state tourney every year. Great job!

VG,

Thanks. I consider it a successful season to have made it to the state tournament. Just getting there is not as good as taking the gold ball home, but successful nonetheless. Rockwood just completed it's first 30 win season ever! Not nearly as successful as a 40 win season, but in baseball you compete against yourself, you do the best that YOU can do, you try to do better than you did your last outing. If you succeed in those things, you have had a successful game, season or whatever. Not only Rockwood, but all the teams that made it to the state tournament are to be congratulated on a great season. Whether your team was the first one out of the tournament or the last one left standing, my hat is off to you for your success in being there.

RHSfan

I agree, USJ did have a great season... winning 40 games ....they (USJ) has never been a team to get on here and talk about their accomplishments

If I may share this our senior class has :

a 156-34 record

3 seasons with 40 wins

2 state championship rings( back to back, 1st team in single A to do that)

3rd highest winning season in the state with 42 last year (according to TBCA)

2003 state runner-up

2004 final 4

4 state appearances in a row

Played some great ball, made some memories you will never forget, developed friendships for the rest of your life

we will miss you Class of 2004

Randy, Nick, Jeremy, A.J. and Colin

Congrats also to Rockwood who has been to state 5 times in the past 6 years

And to all teams that made it to State ... something that every team dreams of doing..

Edited by Rebelwithoutapplause