TBCA Tennessee Sunbelt Teams

MktgAdMan

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First and foremost, let me congratualate the players that were selected to represent our great state against other states.

The answer to the previous question on whether there was a tryout or not. No. The coaches selected these players based on recommendations from coaches. While I do agree on some of the selections, I have to question putting soph. players with the juniors, and at least 1 freshman with the soph.. Yes, these players are probably deserving, but, you are telling me that you didn't have enough deserving juniors to fill those slots, and 1 other true soph.? My problem is that we are getting very polictical in our selections. Which I understand is very common place today. In fact, I am aware of a Freshman standout 2 years ago that wasn't "eligible" because he wasn't a soph.. He had the stats, in fact his stats were better then than they are now, and he made the jr. team this year!

TBCA needs to set-up a sysetm and stick by it. Why not just put together an All Star team from Tenn., or 2, and be done with it? Don't label "soph" or "jr" and publish the criteria for making the team. Take as much speculation and bias out of the picture as possible.

On the soph. Sunbelt team their is actually 3 freshman that I know. Cody Hawn, Blake Forsythe and Matt Ince. Freshman or Sophmore it really does not matter as long as they send the best possible team that they access to. True fact they pick from the players that have been nominated by their coaches, so some players will not make the team if they are not nominated. I agree it should be some kind of try-out ut I also think time factored into how they build this team. My congradulations to those who were selected to play and represent our great state of Tennessee both West and East.

The players that are selected are players that are nominated by their coaches. If a coach does not nominate a player it is not he fault of the TBCA. Also coaches are not jumping up and down to coach these teams for Tennessee. I had the honor of taking a team the past two summers to Oklahoma and it was a great experience for me. The only way that we can get away from the "political" part is to have a tryout in the fall but even doing this we are going to miss on some good players. Oklahoma charges players $150 just to tryout and they will have over 400 kids tryout. It is an honor and privilege for these kids and I don't believe that we have reached that in Tennessee. We have a hard time getting our best players to go because of summer leagues which I think is crazy. The TBCA is pushing this tournament as a great opportunity for our players and coaches need to nominate players and if invited encourage them to attend. Alot of people want to criticize the TBCA but look at the opportunites that this organization is providing for players in Tennessee.