What DI's are going DII?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does the TSSAA feel it has to keep awarding more trophies? DII is a fine classification with stiff competition, and while I can sympathize with the tiny private schools' desires to be competitive, I don't feel there are enough of them to merit a new league.

Several small privates were successful at Spring Fling, including SBEC, FACS, and USN. There is no need to add an additional classification when the current one is alive and thriving.

Why don't all the privates jump out entirely and form a new association. THey can geographical orient themselves to play area schools and have short tournaments or area bowl games.

Nashville and area as group 1

Memphis and area as group 2

Chatanooga and area as group 3

Knoxville and area as group 4

Set up a real mean my city/area is better than yours.

Or do the above by being DII with the demand to completely control their format in all sports as long as they stick to NFHS standards in sports.

They could still divide into big/little classifications as well.

Wouldnt it be awesome if the private schools broke away from the TSSAA formed their own association and crowned a champion.

Then at the end of the season...they square off against the champion from the MPSAA to determine a real winner?

I don't think there are too many schools in the MSPA that could hang with the Super Seven schools. Maybe two or three from Jackson but the rest are more like the DII-A schools, very small!

Thus the reason that their 5A publics (which I believe are larger) would destroy us.

Not so sure I understand that statement....but I did some research and here's what I found. According to the last 10 years Tenneessee vs. out-of-state competition is as follows.

Kentucky 108-60

Mississippi 40-66 (beaten but not destroyed)

Virginia 38-28

Arkansas 10-21

Alabama 9-22

North Carolina 12-5

Missiouri 9-7

Georgia 3-7

Illinois 6-1

West Virginia 4-1

Florida 3-1

Alaska 2-0

Onterio Canada 2-0

Ohio 0-1

South Carolina 0-1

For a grand total of 249 wins for Tenneessee against 220 losses.

Good work, GWAVE. Ego, I, too, did not follow your comment.

GWAVE, you wouldn't happen to have individual TN schools' records vs. MS teams, would you?

It will take some time but I can get them for you. Keep checking on here and I will see what I can come up with.