Best Player in Tennessee -Really!

Invasion

Doyle is a stud and would be much more well known throughout TN if he played club.

Just a note, Doyle played club and played it very well. Though a year (schoolwise) behind the rest of the team, he and Matt Blair were arguably the best players on the 85 Knoxville Select, which included several all-state and all-South players, many playing in college at this time.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doyle is a stud and would be much more well known throughout TN if he played club.

Doyle and Blair are still playing club on the 85 Tennessee Select which is a team composed of the best players across the whole state. Eric Evans of CBHS is another one who is playing on this team. Almost every player on the team made all-state at some point in high school and are all playing college now. Some of the notable names on the team that i am pretty sure played in the high school state tournament at some point are Matt Bogan, Jamison Kizer, Derek Radcliffe, Matt Herbstritt, Jeff Henshaw, and Ian Backstrom. They are the only team registered for U-19 in the state in an attempt to not only compete at regions in Austin but possibly win them.

Doyle, Blair, and Evans are 3 of the top players in the state. They not only excelled in high school, but are excelling on a club team that is made up of mostly college players.

I have played against Doyle at a competetive level, and I would have to say that he isn't that great. My name is never brought up in the threads, such as "Best Players" or "Best Goal Scorers" but I would have to say that I am better than Doyle. Honestly....he stinks. He just cherry-picks in front of the goal and scores alot. AARON IS THE MOST OVER-RATED PLAYER IN TENNESSEE.

I have played against Doyle at a competetive level, and I would have to say that he isn't that great. My name is never brought up in the threads, such as "Best Players" or "Best Goal Scorers" but I would have to say that I am better than Doyle. Honestly....he stinks. He just cherry-picks in front of the goal and scores alot. AARON IS THE MOST OVER-RATED PLAYER IN TENNESSEE.

Swole, if some bleeding heart soccer mom ever needs an example to support her premise that too many headers causes severe brain damage, you should volunteer.

From what I have heard, Doyle is not exactly a class act. This is just hearsay but I have been told that before the final Doyle said in the Memphis paper that the only way that Oak Ridge would win would be if OR broke all the legs of the Farragut guys. I was wondering if anyone from Memphis could verify this. I would have looked myself but it costs money to look at archives of the Commercial Appeal.

From what I have heard, Doyle is not exactly a class act. This is just hearsay but I have been told that before the final Doyle said in the Memphis paper that the only way that Oak Ridge would win would be if OR broke all the legs of the Farragut guys. I was wondering if anyone from Memphis could verify this. I would have looked myself but it costs money to look at archives of the Commercial Appeal.

The "broken legs" quote was completely taken out of context by then newspaper, as usual. I was told he was joking around with the guy and it was more in reference to the outcome of their last meeting (8-1). He didn't say the only way for them to win was to "break legs".

From what I have heard, Doyle is not exactly a class act. This is just hearsay but I have been told that before the final Doyle said in the Memphis paper that the only way that Oak Ridge would win would be if OR broke all the legs of the Farragut guys.

A few points:

1. As has been pointed out the comment was taken out of context;

2. How is such a comment any indication of a lack of class, anyway? Sounds more like a comment on Farragut's determination to win.

3. Doyle is and always has been a class act. He is a quiet no-nonsense player, doesn't talk trash or taunt opponents.

Sounds to me like someone trying to make something out of nothing.

Doyle is a class act that is why I started this thread. And to you Swole 99 I say, as a great writer once said. "You can only be better if you are he" think about it. What the paper said in Memphis shouldn't matter to anyone, they get everything wrong anyway. They had after the Farragut VS. McMInn game a whole story about how Mcminn had avenged an ealier loss and won the game to advance 7-3. What the paper did was take Doyle out of context. I talked to some of their players in Memphis and they said the Commercial appeal twisted it to get a story line. Mr Doyle, you are a class act and your whole team was this year, We are glad we only scrimmaged you and didn't have to meet you in the playoffs