Watched Maryville in passing drills last Tuesday

REBELRON

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the breakfast club had a good discussion today about the recruiting of the young men from halls. all i have to say about this is, if you count stars n bars weekly garbage pickup for the parents of the two recruits and pepvols free pony rides at kmart and tickets to watch him preform then sing at the carsoul club on friday nights as recruiting then we recruited. we are looking for a guest host for next weeks show, all ideals are welcome. we are trying to get billygoat to come and discuss which halls player will be leaving next year and where will they be going. git R dunn, go rebels

you guys aint right !! :rolleyes: welcome to Maryville WesVols !!! i saw in another thread that your now living in Maryville , you'll have to look up all of these Coach T clowns at one of the games !!!!!

things are looking good in REBEL LAND !!! i saw JEFFREY SMITH running the green belt the other day when it was about 88 degrees , he looked hungry and determined !!! and no , i was not on my horse!!!!!!! ;)

Pep

I saw Jeffery Smith umpiring little league games the other night when I watched qb#7 little brother play baseball. Smith looks like he weighs at least 250-255lbs to me. One of the parents told me that Smith will be at one end and Gary Tucker will be the other end. Jeffery Smith's little brother Josh will probably be a starting defensive tackle. Those 3 guys along with Adam Cable will give the Rebels a solid front.

This same parent has a son on the offensive line. He said that all those guys are working hard in the weightroom.

All I can say is this year the Rebels are stronger and faster than recent memory. I think we are again two deep and this will again be a strong point for MHS. Sorry to say injuries come and go, and depth will save a season. I do think Tucker will be at tackle not end, but he will be a force. He looks faster this year. The younger Smith, even with his great genes is slower than big brother and seems to not have nose for the ball. I agree with most comments on the QB side of the ball, except for the Shiver kids potential. Tall yes but not an athlete like Wilks was in HS. I could be wrong, but me thinks not. More to follow.

Anyone see the Maryville rag’s series on the local “Sleeping Giant”?

you guys aint right !! ;) welcome to Maryville WesVols !!! i saw in another thread that your now living in Maryville , you'll have to look up all of these Coach T clowns at one of the games !!!!!

things are looking good in REBEL LAND !!! i saw JEFFREY SMITH running the green belt the other day when it was about 88 degrees , he looked hungry and determined !!! and no , i was not on my horse!!!!!!! <_<

pep, thanks for the welcome! My family absolutely loves Maryville, and we've already met some great folks. After stopping by Cranky's Ice Cream tonight, we drove down Montvale Road and up part of Chilhowee Mountain....wow... :)

I can't wait until football season. I'll either have a good job on friday nights that'll keep me away from the games, or I'll be at all the Maryville games. It's a win-win situation, but I must say I'm hoping for the latter. ;)

I think Shiver is an athlete, heck the kid plays basketball, baseball, football, AND track. How is that not being an athlete? Wilks was athletic, but Shiver is ALREADY about 6'2"-6'4" as an incoming freshman, he has the entire summer and first year to grow and put on muscle. He should hurt some people.

Yea, maybe. Lots of kids play everything the can in 8th grade. I know the kid, watched him and we'll see. I'm glad the class has many athletes, and many played some good ball from Mountvale Station Road.

Anybody read the maryville rag today. I had to buy it all week to get the scoop on the other county teams.