BA 2004

Brentwood Academy will be undefeated this season.  13-0.

I'm not sure BA (or any Super 7 school for that matter) can play 13 games if they go undefeated. Any school that runs the table in the regular season (10 games) should only have a semifinal and final game.

Edited by rollredroll

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure BA (or any Super 7 school for that matter) can play 13 games if they go undefeated.  Any school that runs the table in the regular season (10 games) should only have a semifinal and final game.

You're probably right...I just figured I'd go ahead and stick that extra game in there just in case.

I'll tell you this: if I were still at BA, I wouldn't have made that prediction. I guess absence makes the picks grow bolder. :)

Edited by WesVols

Well I do go to BA currently... and I will make that prediction to ( I've been wanting to but didn't have the courage, thanks Wes ). This definitly is not a guarentee or trash talk or anything like that, I just think when you play for a team you gotta believe your gonna win every time you go out there, or you are doomed from the opening kickoff. I see MUS, MBA, and Centennial as the biggest challenges, but realize also that most teams on the schedule ( with possibly the exception of Lone Oak and Ind. ) have a good chance also, this is a very balanced conference this year. I'm even gonna go way out on a limb and do this:

Centennial W 31-21

Oakland W 42- 17

CBHS W 24-7

McCallie W 14-10

Ind. W 52- 7 ( would be more but flatt doesn't run score up much )

Father Ryan W 21-10

MUS W 35-28

Lone Oak W 59-3

Baylor W 37-24

MBA W 28-24 and after this BA takes care of a surprising Baylor team in the semis and than meets MBA in the Clinic Bowl, and this year finnally....gets the job done. Just my thoughts.

Oh and I also predict that Wes' mystery prediction is that MBA won't make the Clinic Bowl, and if it is, he's more gutsy than me, because I thought about it but just couldn't do it.

Sorry, that's not my prediction! A mighty good guess, though. Still, I've learned the hard way too many times that one should never put anything past MBA. :P

The whole conference will be good this year, McCallie will be good, arent those okopokoluoralksjdfasjdfa (however you spell it) brothers still there? those guys are animals. Baylor should be pretty good, Father Ryan is finally starting to get somewhat back on track. MBA is MBA, enough said on that one. Christian Brothers lost a lot, but they always seem to compete, if overlooked, they could be dangerous (ask BA last year). MUS will be the most dangerous i can see them making the clinic bowl this year, they should have a talented team it should come down to BA or MBA or MUS, but in this league there are no teams that can be overlooked.

I keep hearing that MUS will be good this year, and I've been believing it, but why? I know they had a mediocre year last year, getting killed by BA and MBA ( and maybe CBHS ) so what makes them so different this year? I'm assuming they must return a lot, but is it really enough to expect them to be competing with BA and MBA? Same thing with Father Ryan, I looked over there roster and saw they were losing a lot such as Matthew Thompson... anybody have any thoughts?

McCallie will be good, arent those okopokoluoralksjdfasjdfa (however you spell it) brothers still there? those guys are animals.

No, I don't think that's quite how you spell it ,but yes I think they are still there. But remember they lost Johnson and Moore along with several others and have lost there last two games a total of I think 51-0 to BA, however I still have great respect for McCallie and put them up there close to MUS, but still behind two Nashville schools with the letters "BA" in them.

I keep hearing that MUS will be good this year, and I've been believing it, but why? I know they had a mediocre year last year, getting killed by BA and MBA ( and maybe CBHS ) so what makes them so different this year?

Check out last year's MUS roster. They lose only 9 players off of a 87-man team (although I doubt many freshmen play and/or travel). My guess is that they will be rather experienced, which should probably help them overcome a bad season last year.