BA 2004

I'm really excited about BA this year, I was totally crushed when BA lost last year but also a little excited to see Fisher and company leave because I know this could be BA's year. So I'm starting this post just for BA talk, predicted starting lineups, surprise players, quarterback predictions ( Bowker or Griffin? ), etc. any BA talk welcomed.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see Brad Bowker get the starting job at QB so that Tyler Griffin could use his athletic skills to his full advantage by playing both ways. It'll be fun to watch the Eagles' backfield, as sophomore Tyree Ford is a downright scary runner, similar to Theo Townsend in style, but faster. It should be a fun season for the Eagles, who lose some good players but return some tremendous talent. I hope to make it to a game this year.

I have to agree with you both and say that Tyler would be much more effective on the defensive side of the ball. Bowker had a great game up in Illinois or where ever that game was last year, correct? I know Griffin really put a hurt on a couple opponents his sophomore year, no doubt he'd still have that ability.

Varn beat out Baker at the end of the season last year, and the job is pretty much up for grabs. There are two newcomers: Clay Boring and Philip Masters, just more variables in a complex situation. It'll be hard to replace Palmer, he was just a good kicker, but, knowing BA's depth, it will be done.

I'm just gonna throw out a very tentative totally guessing starting lineup i'd like to know if people agree or disagree with it:

QB: Brad Bowker

TB: Tyree Ford

FB: Ryan White

WR: John Garrett

WR: Tyler Griffin

LT: Mike Berry

LG: Stephen Burris

C: Jason Huie

RG: Jadon Hogan

RT: Nick Forte

TE: Barry Turner ( though i've heard he might be a WR )

Nose: Forte

DT: Terrell Murphy

DT: Josh Butler

DE: Brian Ralls

DE: Turner

LB: Parker Cason

LB: Addison Edmunds

SS: Griffin

FS: Garrett

CB: Bruce Little

CB: Tremayne Townsend

I'm just gonna throw out a very tentative totally guessing starting lineup i'd like to know if people agree or disagree with it:

QB: Brad Bowker

TB: Tyree Ford

FB: Ryan White

WR: John Garrett

WR: Tyler Griffin

LT: Mike Berry

LG: Stephen Burris

C: Jason Huie

RG: Jadon Hogan

RT: Nick Forte

TE: Barry Turner ( though i've heard he might be a WR )

Nose: Forte

DT: Terrell Murphy

DT: Josh Butler

DE: Brian Ralls

DE: Turner

LB: Parker Cason

LB: Addison Edmunds

SS: Griffin

FS: Garrett

CB: Bruce Little

CB: Tremayne Townsend

That's a darn good lineup. It'll easily be the most talented in Division II. But what has talent gotten BA recently?

Lots of pretty silver.

Maybe this will be BA's year...we certainly have the players to get it done. Hopefully we'll be able to overcome the conquistatory antics of one Jeff Rutlege. :rolleyes:

Varn beat out Baker at the end of the season last year, and the job is pretty much up for grabs. There are two newcomers: Clay Boring and Philip Masters, just more variables in a complex situation. It'll be hard to replace Palmer, he was just a good kicker, but, knowing BA's depth, it will be done.

looks like we could have a dual on our hands, who do people think has the best chance at winning this dual. Baker seems to have the edge on punting, but i think Varn could push him for field goals, but who knows. I have been watching and they both seem to be working pretty hard, shoudl be a good battle, but i think whoever wins the job will do just fine. Who does everyone think will be the guy?

looks like BA's lineup will match up well to MBA's:

LT: Maxwell

LG: Landman

C: Lundy

RG: Edwards

LT: Birdsong

TE: Carney

WR: Knoll

WR: Shillinglaw

FB: Beckner

RB: Snyder

QB: Burns