How many games will the Titans win?

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe if the void in the defensive line is filled it will be 13-14 for sure. I'm not to worried about the running back situation becasue we had 3 yard Eddie back there last year and still go it done. Volek has showed that he has the strongest arm on the team and that he is a very capable back up. If Steve went down for the season we would still win 10+ games. Tyrone Calico has stepped it up big time so far this off season and is now pushing to start along side Derrick Mason. Rather Drew Bennett be 2rd or 3rd receiever he causes match up problems with his great hands and good size. I cant wait to see the Titans set up in running formation then the last second go 5 wide with Mason, Calico, Brown, Troupe, and Bennett. Troupe and Brown will be very hard to cover with a linebacker. If things shape up good in the off season and no one gets injured the possibilitys are endless.

I highly doubt the Titans win 14 games...You aren't just going to walk away with wins against: MN away, GB away, Broncos, Chiefs, Miami away (10-6 last year) and the Colts twice with only 2 losses. Even if they played their best ball, they wouldn't be able to do that...those are some darn good teams. That is also assuming you don't slip up on the road at Jax or Houston. The Bungals won't be a pushover either in my opinion. Titans will be good, probably 11-12 wins, but I doubt they are as good as last year...McNair lost a good target to the Jets and the Runningback situation is mediocre at best, Wycheck retiring isn't great and neither is the subtraction of the Freak. If injuries aren't a factor...then who knows.

Might want to pray that injury bug hits the Patriots again, since the entire team is back plus the additions of Vince Wilfolk, and uhh the best free agent signee two years ago Roosevelt Coleman (pray he gets put on the Physical Unable to Perform List).

I believe the Chiefs return an amazing amount of starters, they did lose one of their OL (Ruof?) but found a suitable replacement...A priest now has the record for most Touchdowns in a season.

Interesting that Randy Moss added 10-15 pounds and bought a 10,000 computer to study defenses, My Cowboys open up against him, I hope it doesn't get too ugly.

Edited by TheEgoHasLanded

Calico will not start. Bennett is number two going into the season, no questions asked. That's been known ever since McCariens went to NY. I think Drew's better than Tyrone anyways.

Do your research and you would see that in off season mini camps Calico has been out playing Drew Bennett. I read this in the Tennessean, Titansonline.com, and seen it on news channel 5. If the season started today yes Drew would start but if Calico keeps it up he will pass Drew on the depth chart. Before the mini camps started Calico was thought to be competing with Hill, Schifino, and Berlin but now its being said that he is neck and neck with Drew Bennett. I know Bennett is a fan favorite and all but Calico once ran a 4.29 40, not to mention that he is 6'4 222lbs. His main downfall is dropped passes. He has showed at times that he has great hands making acrobatic catches and then turns right around and drops a ball that hits him in his numbers. His drops are mental mistakes, this season he will be much more comfortable with his routes, the offense, and he's only be a wide out for 3 years so expect big improvements and far less drops. If Fisher and co didnt see something special in Calico they wouldnt have traded Justin Mcareins. Dont get me wrong I love Drew Bennett and he has only been a receiver for a few years also so he's gonna do nothing but get better. Bennett is a big target and 6'5 and he's showed he has solid hands and he can go up and get the ball, but once Calico develops he will be the full package. Either way we have 3 solid receivers.

• 4 weeks later...