Murphy Fair

Russ098

Wait a second.

Along with calling him the guru of high school football, I have to also give him credit for THIS website?

And on what day did he create this?

And Murphy didn't build a fanbase. He was just smart enough to realize the already established fan base would be a great place to make some money. I think it is ludicrious to give him credit for bringing fans to this website or to the game. Heck, it's all personal opinion. Obviously MANY people enjoy his book and what he does in Middle Tennessee.

Anytime anyone brings a little more spotlight to our hard working athletes, I will give them a pat on the back, no matter how much money they have made off that sweat.

Personally, I have not bought one of his books because I noticed that it is basically four or five stories where names and numbers are plugged in. It wasn't personal enough for me and I found it to be totally useless. I am glad so many do enjoy it and it helps so many out.

I didn't say he created this website I said he helped it. I think I first saw about this website in his book! I must say I have never met Murphy probably wouldn't recognize him if I past him on the street but he has been putting that thing together for 20 years and I have to say I find it more informative than any newspapers preseason coverage! It is atleast good enough for info on the better players on teams and what you can expect from them most the info I get comes from his book as well as other places but getting info on other teams can't come from one place book, website or Newspaper.

You mentioned that you haven't bought one or GWAVE1 mentioned about the coaches records when they were in it last year. I think some need to check it out before making negative comments there was a year or two when it was very late but Murphy has said that probably want happen again since he now has it back under control.

As Pantherbert said I will spend the $10 and still read CoachT!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright now just hold on a minute....Before you start jumping on me look back at what I wrote. I said the winningest highschool coaches!! Active and retired. I have been getting Murphy's Highschool preview since the early 90's. I have even driven up to Carthage and let the man put one in my hand himself!! Murphy used to include the list in the earlier issues, go back and look for yourself. I'm just interested to see some of the current coaches such as Flatt, Rankin and others where they are in relation to Tucker, Smith and the rest.

I made no such negative comment Sequatch...read before you type...Please.

Personally, Murphy is a great tool for a high school sports fan that doesn't utilize the Internet.

It's very similar to Athlon's College football magazine. It serves its purpose well and is a great tool for people to become knowledgeable on the entire state's high school football programs.

I can see where "local" sports celebirites have issues with larger publications considering........

I know Murphy Fair very well and I also know that his magazine sits in the offices of many top college coaches. They use it for information just like anyone else would. I think he does a great job covering high school football in Tennessee. I also think CoachT does an outstanding job so why not enjoy both?

:ph34r:

It's very similar to Athlon's College football magazine. It serves its purpose well and is a great tool for people to become knowledgeable on the entire state's high school football programs.

OS91, Thats a good accurate assessment of the magazine comparing it to a Athlon's College or Pro preview yearbook they don't have all the info but they are good enough for team reviews, schedules, past scores, predictions etc..

Sequatchie, how is the new coach doing?

I haven't seen him since Spring Practice but seems to be doing fine he had the kids really having fun during practice. We had a good number out for spring including several who hadn't played before or at least not since middle school several players who have returned to the team that didn't play last season but played other sports. I think things will be fine and the team could have a good year!