Marselus Johnson of Smyrna commits to UT

REBELRON

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard from several sources that Crompton is highly overrated.

Most recruiting guru's say he has all the tools he is 6'4, 215-220 and runs around 4.9, 40 time!

Here is the list of schools that have all offered him a scholorship!

Tennessee

Miami (Fl)

Michigan

Nebraska

LSU

Georgia

North Carolina State

Virginia

Extremely ignorant comment kingbrian3. What would motivate you to say that? He's a player that is ranked as a top 10 player nationally at his position by nearly every recruiting service in the country and has the offers from high profile schools to back it up. The kicker is that he has had many of these offers since he was 15 years old. I guess he got an invite to the elite 11 QB camp (held across the country from where he plays) because many sources are saying he's overrated. Your comment humors me. Just stick to scouting the talent in Wartburg.

"Marsalous Johnson (5'11", 185) has grades and posted a 4.47 forty at an Ohio State combine after rushing for 1,386 yards and 12 TDs during the Bulldogs' 9-3 run in '03. Also a starting defensive back. 31 career receptions for 429 yards."

- from PREP SCRAPBOOK's 2004 MIDSTATE PREVIEW

Guest Oakland

having seen marsalous a few times, the kid is the real deal, can catch the ball out of the backfield well, fast and has an uncanny ability to make people miss, this is a good pickup for the vols

I'm not saying that Johnson isn't good, but I don't think that he had to play very tough teams this past season. Sure he played against Gallatin, Riverdale, and Brentwood, but he also played against Wilson Central (3-7), Siegel (0-10), Oakland (4-6), and Blackman (4-6).