Sleepers this year?

flngrvy

To answer my own post, don't overlook Mt. Juliet this year. 25 seniors with 6'4" Levi Brown at QB, a solid D1 recruit, (can you say Ole Miss?), a big line anchored by Michael Jasper, 6'5" 370, being recruited by many schools, and plenty of skill position players, Bradley Bruce, Wes Osborne, Adam Zoccolla just to name a few. Coach Crawford and his boys may be a bit of a surprise this year to some folks. :blink::blink:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(My definition of sleeper is somebody who didn't make the playoffs last year.) Agree on Mt. Juliet. I'll throw in - (5A) Blackman. (4A) Overton. (3A) Livingston Academy, Creek Wood. (2A) Station Camp, Loretto. (1A) Cascade, Nashville Christian. (DII) Pope John Paul II - even though they made the dance at 3-8.

Of those teams, Livingston and Loretto stand the best shot at winning regions.

Some teams that made the playoffs last year, but probably still improved - though I wouldn't call them sleeper. (5A) Centennial. (4A) Hillwood (3A) Portland (1A) Mt. Pleasant, Friendship Christian, Watertown.

Guest Oakland

i like wilson central. i dont know about lebanon though, they do return almost both sides of the lines, but they lost some real quality skill players

Nunu, I saw Lebanon in the Spring and figure Antioch better be ready on opening night. Peter Taylor (6'3", 275) is a man and goes both ways up front. They return seven starters on both sides of the ball. Senior back Sergio Williams (5'10", 185) is buff and ready for a breakout year. Veteran 22-catch receiver returns along with four o-linemen. QB is question mark. Junior Todd Cross (5'11", 185) takes over. Looked more like a runner than passer. The Devils probably not as deep as you guys - which could factor in the early heat. Lebanon will be okay, but finishing anything higher than third behind Riverdale and Smyrna is not likely. You obviously need to get a copy of PREP SCRAPBOOK's MIDSTATE PREVIEW ISSUE.

(My definition of sleeper is somebody who didn't make the playoffs last year.) Agree on Mt. Juliet. I'll throw in - (5A) Blackman. (4A) Overton. (3A) Livingston Academy, Creek Wood. (2A) Station Camp, Loretto. (1A) Cascade, Nashville Christian. (DII) Pope John Paul II - even though they made the dance at 3-8.

Scrappy,

Do ya still think of Creek Wood as a sleeper now that their head coach jumped to Dickson Co.?

Of those teams, Livingston and Loretto stand the best shot at winning regions.

Some teams that made the playoffs last year, but probably still improved - though I wouldn't call them sleeper. (5A) Centennial. (4A) Hillwood (3A) Portland (1A) Mt. Pleasant, Friendship Christian, Watertown.

Scrappy, looks like according to TSSAA numbers that Station Camp will be solid AAA in class. What do you think their chances are now competing againist the likes of White House, Portland (although they look like they might be AAAA) Goodpasture, Libscomb....to name a few!