You're favorite place to play at, and least

Contender

Marion County is a great atmosphere, Fulton played them in 1995 in the playoffs and it was when Eric Westmoreland played for them... The crowd was chanting Eric's name all night... It was a atmosphere where the fans were so loud, trying to audible out of a play was almost impossible... We played so bad that night, but seeing all the fans out their going crazy made it a great place to play, even though we lost that night...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

personally, as far as announcers go, i just like the ones that call the game, not ones who try to draw attention to themselves such as riverdale and a few others

I am like Oakland, I know folk who are Riverdale fans that are glad to play away...they sit under the pressbox at home  and can't hear themselves talk to each other b/c he is SO loud and talks too much.

825297359[/snapback]

I remember going to see a playoff game back in...2000 i believe. Hunters Lane-Riverdale. If you take out the announcer and put in a guy that just calls the game...the atmosphere would have been amazing. Both sides packed, good football game...awesome. But that announcer was just annoying the crap out of me. I left early, lol. I have no problem with them being loud...the crowd needs to know who carried the ball, the yardage, down, and all that....but nothing else. Leave out the trivia and other stuff. People are there to watch the game...not to listen to the announcer.

painintheknee

if you go to riverdale then who are you?

I don't wanna make the announcer issue a big debate, but personally I wish more stadiums had one with a little flair. How would you like to go to a Titan's game, and hear the commentator boringly say, "Haynesworth on the tackle." Wouldn't you expect a little more pizzazz for your $50 bucks than that? I'm grateful that Riverdale has an announcer with so much panache. That's just my opinion and I respect yours.

Edited by Riverdale06

We played at Chatt. Brainerd in two playoff games and I though it had a good atmosphere to it. I had never seen such a band. You talk about announcers this guy was pretty fun I look back and laugh he always said.."HOT FISH SANDWICHES" I just thought it was a good place to play. Personally I didn't like Portlands field, but I like playing there because of its atmosphere

Edited by 02Wildcat

Marion County is a great atmosphere, Fulton played them in 1995 in the playoffs and it was when Eric Westmoreland played for them...  The crowd was chanting Eric's name all night...  It was a atmosphere where the fans were so loud, trying to audible out of a play was almost impossible...  We played so bad that night, but seeing all the fans out their going crazy made it a great place to play, even though we lost that night...

825297400[/snapback]

ShaneC hit the nail on the head. In the late 80's and through the 90's no one (except Marshall Co. and AE) wanted to play in Marion County. I remember at the Marshall County game the year after Marion County lost to them in the state finals by a touchdown there was over 10,000 at Bill Baxter Stadium to see the rematch. There was close to 10,000 the second year Austin East played Marion County in the third round of the playoffs at Bill Baxter Stadium.

I would have to say the best place to play in Memphis, IMO, has to be Red Devil Field (Netherland Stadium)...at Germantown High. The bleachers may not be the newest but I love the atmosphere! Franklin is a really nice place to play, by the way FHS. However, I did not have a good experience at Bolton High for the 3rd round playoff game last year. The fans, the billowing smoke in our faces and the "comfortable" amount of seating all together added up to an unpleasant time. By the way, my old name on this site was houstonsdead...but now I'm gtowngrad04! Go Red Devils! thumb