Class 3A: Region 5 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

orangepeel... Bennett is my friend and I have defended his situation on here many times. Page was REGION 5 champs in 1999. You must really be a long time devoted Page fan not to know that one. Missed the playoffs in 2002 due to schedule having 7 playoff teams on it...one semi-finalist and one state champ. Bennett asked these people to help because he got no help from admin......by the way I was one of them you knuckle-head.

I know what I am talking about because my son played on his team. The admin did not care. The assistants he had most of the time were volunteers and that was not directed at them. It was directed at a admin. that managed to hire 3 coaches/teachers in 4 years.

You must be a different orangepeel because the last one tried to run off the best o-line coach in the county....in a cowardly way.

I hope Palmer and staff and players have a great season. You will find that the team has #1 fan in me and that being said....cneagles is still waiting for you to show your gutless face and explain your comments made during the last season...cause you are truly no fan of the Patriots. In short you are not on the SAME PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all Bennetts friend...I believe I said Page has not won a region title since the emmergence of Greenbriar and Marshall Co. That has happened since the year 2000 where Marshall has won 3 consecutive titles followed by Greenbriar this past season.

You can make all the excuses you want for the 2002 season but that does not cover up the embarrassment our team suffered at the hands of a lowly 5-5 (if my memory serves me correct) Cheatham County team game 10. That was the game that kept us out of the playoffs. This loss was compounded by a screaming match between players, coaches, and parents after the game at Cheatham County! What an embarrasment. This caused a 3-way tie for 3rd, which we lost, finishing 5th because of poor consideration of whom we scheduled during the regular season!

Lastly, my comments last season were directed at an out of control coach. He got the message. You would be wise to do the same.

orangepeel... Bennett is my friend and I have defended his situation on here many times. Page was REGION 5 champs in 1999. You must really be a long time devoted Page fan not to know that one. Missed the playoffs in 2002 due to schedule having 7 playoff teams on it...one semi-finalist and one state champ. Bennett asked these people to help because he got no help from admin......by the way I was one of them you knuckle-head.

I know what I am talking about because my son played on his team. The admin did not care.  The assistants he had most of the time were volunteers and that was not directed at them. It was directed at a admin. that managed to hire 3 coaches/teachers in 4 years.

You must be a different orangepeel because the last one tried to run off the best o-line coach in the county....in a cowardly way.

I hope Palmer and staff and players have a great season. You will find that the team has #1 fan in me and that being said....cneagles is still waiting for you to show your gutless face and explain your comments made during the last season...cause you are truly no fan of the Patriots. In short you are not on the SAME PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825290426[/snapback]

Orangepeel please never mate because we have enough idiots in the world without you bringing anymore in. You are a completely gutless coward. The coach was rassing a a poster on here and you made a gutless threat. You are nothing more than a punk and if you want to make a point then why don't you confront some of these people you have benn bad mouthing. After all it was you that said Great now that Bennett is gone maybe Page can get a good coach. You have never been supportive and you had better hope no one finds out who you are because you will never be able to show your face at Page High I can assure you of that. As for the 2002 season Page probably had more talent than anyone but absolutely no heart, work ethic, or senior leadership. Yeah a couple guys tried like cougle, lewndowski, etc. but a bunch of dead weight brought Page down. There was know shouting match between players and coaching. There was one mother in the stands who teaches in Rutherford county that caused trouble all year that was yelling at the coaches to run off the field. Do you know why she was yelling that because the coaches wanted the players to jog on and off the field instead off walking. It was a point of emphasis that week in practice. Grigsby was her name. So before you start spreading bogus accusations maybe you should get the facts straight. CoachG, Cneagles, Pageman, Bulldog69 I truly appreciate fans like you as I am one, but Orangepeel is a complete and total moron.

orangepeel.....I think your "threat" is wasted on the wrong person. All you have done is to help rally the team against you. I think if you are truly from Page you need to change your approach. As far as I am concerned, You will never change anything. Your bogus attempt to hide on here and threaten people from your school are classless. That season was a disappointment but most of it was caused by parents like you.....and there was no shouting match or anything like that because I was there and I was on the field and in the stands. Rumor has it that you are from Cheatham co./Sycamore...please go back. By the way it is spelled Greenbrier

A number of us will pay to have your internet connection turned off.

This has to be stopped before the season or you truly don't care about Page.

Well its obvious that both of you are a little mad. I apologize if something I said hits a little too close to home. I do have the right to my opinion as you do yours. I do not appreciate the personal attacks but no biggie. If it makes you feel better....whatever. I feel fine in my statements. Have you noticed your attitudes on here translate quiet nicely to your actions on the field? Why thats odd, now isn't it?

orangeheel.... get on the same PAGE and quit ragging everyone. Your final sentence is an absolute disgrace to the English language and grammar. A couple of the players have asked me to tell you to "chill out" on the whole deal and support the team . They do not want anymore of your cheap shots....just get behind them and leave all of their other fans alone. I will second that motion....as you have said "you would be wise to do the same"

Orangepeel I am in know way affiliated with the team as far as coaching. My son played as a freshman and was treated fairly by the whole staff. As was I even though I made several bad judgements. The coaching staff at Page is top notch. You haven't said a thing that hits close to home for me. I just hate aa little 19 year old computer geek getting on here making threats and then being a coward and not confronting the person. I for one do not care were you are from but I can sure tell you were you need to go. Opinions should be formed by some sort of truth and honesty yours are nothing more than slanderous attacks.

The truth shall set you free boys. Sorry I'm the only one who is not looking through rose colored glasses. But, whatever....your opinions will not change and neither will mine. Do a little research on the all time history of Page football and then tell me about a top notch program. You won't, I have, and I am through with both of You.

Good luck Patriots, I am behind you all the way. You can be great but please learn from past mistakes. You can win and still have dignity and class. These two wanna-be's will never understand that!

Thank you CBarkley! Have you ever seen an alleged fan beat on their own team like orangeheel. I think she forgot that when Page played Cheatham in 02 they were without two two way starters and another who had quit. But Cheatham earned that game especially in the 2nd half. ENOUGH about that....Whe he took over Bennett got the program going from a bunch of 1-9 and 2-8 seasons and 25 players to an average of 8 wins a season and 75 players.....regardless of how you feel about him he helped to move the program "forward".

This year this region is going to be extra tough and next!!!!!

Let's get started!!!!!!

Greenbrier gets the tough ones at home.....hhhmmmmm

And die (at least in a getting beat by Page sense) you did that year, along with this past. CBarkley, it matters now how.....just how many. Cheatham out coached and outplayed us. It makes no difference that someone quit or whatever....that is a Page issue played out by the fine (sarcasm) Page coaching staff. As far as the three way tie breaker rule, everyone knows that rule going in so scheduling would seem to me to be imperative. Again, something we did to ourselves. Cry me a river boys....it just don't matter!

First of all, the 2002 season was NOT an embarrassment to the Page Patriots football program.  I am a die-hard Sycamore fan and I will be the first to tell anyone that Page handed our butts to us on a silver platter that season.  They beat us 28-0 in a game in which they grinded out nearly 500 yards of offense while holding us to less than 100 TOTAL YARDS!!!  The lone reason that Page missed the postseason that year was due to the fact that they were outcoached in their week 9 game at Cheatham County.  The Cubs trailed Page at halftime in that contest, but pulled a HUGE SUPRISE on the Page players and coaching staff by changing quarterbacks for the secondhalf.  The Cubs ran the option down Page's throats that night and beat them in a game which many considered to be an upset.  In a year in which a team misses the postseason because of a three-way tiebreaker rule in large part because of a schedule which included seven playoff teams (including a state champ, a semi-finalist, and two quarterfinalists) IT IS NOT AN EMBARRASSMENT!!!!

825291118[/snapback]

This year this region is going to be extra tough and next!!!!!

Let's get started!!!!!!

Greenbrier gets the tough ones at home.....hhhmmmmm

825291145[/snapback]

This year is no different than any other...schedules rotate. Greenbrier played some "tough ones" away last year at Page and Marshall County when Sycamore, White House and Lipscomb came to us. We'll play those three away this year so the alternating homefield advantage is nothing new or nothing "hmmm" about it. But yes, we will be glad to have homefield advantage again, and we will welcome the visting teams with hospitality and with NEW visitor bleachers in Greenbrier ;) No more splinters!

Edited by EZBeingGreen