Cookeville Cavaliers

disgustedfan

longsnapper, I don't know about you, but the Blackman-Cookville game in '02 was one of the funnest games I've ever played in. Those were the rainiest conditions I've ever played in and I'm sure we pretty much destoyed yall's field.

Yall had a heck of a team that year. I remember people getting on here and saying that the only reason that we barely won was that we didn't play good, but I credit yall's team for being the one that was stopping us. But then we caught a few lucky breaks ( when our RB fumbled, yall recovered, and the ref said he was down). I'm sure you remember that don't you.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are missing the worst call of all. Morgan Toline intercepted yalls pass late in the game, and the ref called it pass interference. The film clearly shows the WR simply fell. haha. I know I am arguing something that happened a long time ago, but it was hard for me to see. bhsol, yeah that was a very nasty game. You guys had a great team and alot of talent. I dont have any hard feelings despite what I just mentioned. Its one game I will never forget though.

Longsnapper, I know exactly how it feels to be delt the short stick when it comes to bad calls. In 2001, we went to Hendersonville (state runner-ups that year) and we had bad calls all night. but the worst came when we blocked a field goal and the ref called roughing the kicker and they went down about 2 plays later to get the game winning touchdown and win 23-21.

bhsOL,

Yeah I think I actually heard about that game when you all played Hendersonville. Of course, you can't go into Sumner County, especially Hendersonville or Beech, and expect good refs. Thats just how it goes I guess. About Cookeville's philosophy, I expect them to throw a little more because THEY ACTUALLY HAVE PEOPLE TO THROW IT TO. You can't pass the ball without a good qb and solid wideouts. Keep that in mind..they have that this year.

TDCMAM- what do you mean new offensive philosophy? Is Joslin going to put the ball in the air. get out of the single wing, throw more than 2% of the time? I don't see it happening.

Cookeville will be strong at the skill positions this year with improved speed and some new offensive twists. Many returning starters from last year and game experience should benefit the Cavs. Maybe the Cavs might throw a little more this year? The offense will be more wide open, but to what extent, I am not sure.

I just want to say something back on the whole recruting thing. That when colleges look at players they are looking to recruit players that will fit into there systems and be able to play effectively. But not only that but they are looking for players that are not going to be big trouble causers. Joslin will promote a player to college coaches if he sees that they have the heart to play and that they have a lot of desire and willing to make the scarifices to play at the next level. Some players he may not see that in. As for the case of Brain Jernigan the little nose gaurd that caused the opposing teams so much and made all-state he had no desire to play college football. And as far as Buckner he can be a big baby about things sometimes especially when he does not get the ball enough or he supposedly gets cheap shoted. Trust me i know I have played football with him for like 7 years and he has been that way the entire time. And Joslin probably saw that maybe Buckner did not have the heart, desire or the dedication to play at the next level. You Longsnapper should know that.

I was being being recruited by some D1A schools but i decided not to go there because it was not for me,but Joslin supported me all the way and HE was so very helpful during the recruiting season. If you want to play ball at the next level you MUST go to Joslin and tell him and he will be more than willing to help. He does not just go seeking college coaches to tell them about his players unless they tell him that they desire to play college football. He is more that willing to help you must ask and the door shall be opened to you.

Good Luck this season Longsnapper

and

Good luck this season Cavs

So if you play for Jerry Joslin and have the desire to play college football just sit down and talk to him and he will be very helpful i promise.

You say Buckner was a baby? I don't know who you are but for the past 3 years I watched Buckner run the ball down everyone's throat. I have watched as other team members looked to him and respected him.

So your saying that you and 6 others out of 700 young men that the head coach has instructed under his tenure are the only ones good enough from Cookeville to play college ball on any level.

Kinda of think highly of yourself don't you?

disgustedfan,

Were you on the field playing with Buckner and we missed it? You seem to know an awful lot about what went on out there on the field. Bulldog76, I have no idea who you are, but thank you for wishing me luck. NOBODY looked up to that senior class of football players. In fact, most people hated 90% of them. That is just the harsh truth of the matter. Hopefully this senior class will step up this year and show people what they can do.