Franklin Rebels

huskers

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WesVols,

I'm a soph. up at UT along with you. Went to good ol GES with you...and if I recall correctly I'm one frat house down from you on the right (Not the one that looks like a huge lego). Anyway T thanks for the info on Franklin and I'm glad you could remember me...hope college life away from home treats you well, it's a blast. Wes keep up the good work on MTV-U a la knoxville...I'm sure somewhere up there at least 1 person is actually watching (just kidding-my friend tess is your co-host). As for the Rebels I talked to some seniors and they said that Mack Hibbitt, Trip's litle brother was playing which was interesting. I hope the guys get another good season with TJ...after 3 years of mediocrity it was nice to be a part of something like that and I'm glad these guys have a chance at 3 years of steady winning. As for Derrick and the AAU stuff I hope he gets to play he is an athlete, but I do wonder because I've heard that same story of him playing then not, and back and forth. I'm impressed by Nowell changing the offense...probably a good call-one of the only coaches that could pull that switch off without worry all while having a 1/2 pound of chewing tobacco in the lower front lip. Anyway glad to hear news about FHS and T hope the family enjoys Florida. Keep me updated on the rebs and Wes if you got anything on the Vols certainly them too. God forbid we have another Clausen ruin my college years.

"Phillips runs through, around, over, and underneath defenders from South Carolina takes the ball all the way home for a miraculous touchdown."

Huskers, T told me who you were...it's good to have another Grassland alum frequenting the boards! Yeah, the whole TVC thing with Tessa didn't really last for me this spring, but hopefully I'll be back at it in the fall, along some other stuff. Glad to hear fraternity life is going well. If I'm thinking right, you're in the same one as Saylor? I'm actually not in Pong...I pledged for awhile but decided it was too much of a commitment. Looking back, it was the right decision. I AM living in Gibbs next year, though...so that'll be an adventure. The neighbors might not be the greatest, but the food'll be good!

I didn't realize Tripp had a little brother...Hibbett also dropped the fraternity, right before me. I guess us Williamson County private school boys couldn't handle it. :D

Good talking to you...I guess I'll keep it on topic by asking how you think the Franktown boys (Bell, Solima, Nichols, Murray) will perform at the next level.

Truth is, as funny as the light jokes are, I know a lot of people up in Gallatin were disappointed that it happened. They see the incident as a reflection on their whole Community, which it should not be. A certain teammate of mine's mother(as in team now) definitely wasn't pleased with what happened. She told me that that was one of the hardest fought game she had seen at the high school level and I tend to agree with her. So.... my point being, the light jokes are funny and all, but at least one Franklin alum realizes that Gallatin has good folks and we shouldn't hold it against them.

And T, this doesn't mean that I won't find it funny if the jokes continue....

That wouldn't be new kid on the block Link, was it?

I told ya'll it wasn't on purpose, the whole town had an electrical glitch.

And that was one of the hardest fought games that I had seen in a while. Wonder what would have happened on a dry field?

WesVols-Being a Frat Rat is going great and appreciate your well wishes. Glad to hear stuff you've got some stuff lined up for fall...we're actually in the same major, maybe we'll have some classes down the road. as for the Franklin players playing at the next level, to me it's a toss up. Murray will definately have the most to prove/ work through with being a walk on. Kevyn has battled through adversity before though and I think he'll adapt. He's a college size receiver. Bell is a real good guy and sounds like a nice fit for Samford (is this right). He'll probably see more time returning throughout his time there. As for Solima the kid has a mid ranged animal growing on his right arm. Used to throw with him at practice to pass time. His gun from 15 yards in mid-november was great for my hands. He'll be good and if he gets the chance good really quickly. As for Nichols he has been my best friend of the bunch and is all around athletic. Really strong pound for pound and fast in everyway I've ever heard speed defined...cutting, sprinting, 40 yard, random burst, catching and running for any amount of yards etc. I hope he keeps his knee protected and gets to know the turf in Cookeville. Same for Solima...that stuff and ligaments had a divorce in the mid 70's and it is the last of a dying breed. Ryan should have a solid go round up there..If there's one thing he focuses on in life it's football. I hope they all have great careers at their colleges and stay on track. By the way the fieldkeeper for our beloved rebels also doubles as the head coach. (When I was there he would cut the grass before and after classes until winter took over that deed)

"The Vols without Clausen are like Lance Armstrong without cancer. A lot better."

Yeah, electrical glitch... Still was funny timing, ya know.

As for dry field... personally I'd give it to Franklin considering the speed and throwing advantage we had. The wet weather played into Gallatin's hands. I guess we'll never know though.

New kid on the block? Shoot, that kid is already establishing himself up here. He's a great addition to the team.

Yeah, electrical glitch... Still was funny timing, ya know.

As for dry field... personally I'd give it to Franklin considering the speed and throwing advantage we had. The wet weather played into Gallatin's hands. I guess we'll never know though.

New kid on the block? Shoot, that kid is already establishing himself up here. He's a great addition to the team.

Hey I said it before...I think the weather played was in our favor that night. Still I would like to have seen the teams play on a dry night.

Glad to hear about Link doing well. He was really liked in Gallatin. I will be following Hilltopper football a lot closer now. I hope you are doing good too, Rebelguy. Ya'll bring home another national championship for all us Tenneessee folk.