What do you guys think about Knox. Halls for 2004

bigsexy007

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Halls will be better than the last 2 years because they have so many people back. They still don't have much talent at the skill positions, and they really lack team speed. Still, I would look for them to be the 4th playoff team out of this region.

I don't think there is much difference between Carter, Halls & West. Carter and West have better skill position players. West lost Williford and a lot of linemen. I, do though, think Cummings is a really good coach, and they will play to the best of their ability. Carter lost some good skill players, too, and Brady Sharp. I really thought last year Carter would be the 4th team in the playoffs for the region, but they didn't produce. I am really having a hard time getting a handle on them. They could be pretty good, but then again, they could repeat last year. I based my guess on the fact that Halls has a lot of seniors & they may be hungry to get back in the playoffs. B)

Edited by medman

Halls always have big boys up front. Halls has always hit the weights real hard. When Halls had their best teams they had some good skill people. I remember how good the 96 team was when Preston Teague and Scott Carter were in the backfield. John Shepard was a good quarterback that year.

Halls has not had enough skill players the last several years.

Halls has some young skilled players moving up in the ranks, such as Corey Myers/Cameron Sharp/Tyler Brock/Blake Gilner, etc. However, a lot depends on if the game plan will include passing, as Halls has previously been more of a 'smash-mouth' team in running the ball. Halls has some talent for the 2004 season, but in my opinion, not a lot on depth.

i do not understrand why kids are leaving halls for, what they think, is greener grass. it sounds like they need someone within the organization to start getting kids excited about being a red devil. i do not understand how mr. burnette coached their middle school team( very well, i must add) and then take his boy elsewhere. wheres the pride gone? what kind of a middle school team does halls have coming up? what is the middle schools record over burnettes last 5 years?

Halls always have big boys up front. Halls has always hit the weights real hard. When Halls had their best teams they had some good skill people. I remember how good the 96 team was when Preston Teague and Scott Carter were in the backfield. John Shepard was a good quarterback that year.

Halls has not had enough skill players the last several years.

In 1996 you forgot that Halls had the best lineman in Knoxville in Joe Wilson... They also had an all-state DB in my boy Adam Weaver, that is what they are lacking lately is a great O-line and a strong DB core with good hands and great speed...

i do not understrand why kids are leaving halls for, what they think, is greener grass. it sounds like they need someone within the organization to start getting kids excited about being a red devil. i do not understand how mr. burnette coached their middle school team( very well, i must add) and then take his boy elsewhere. wheres the pride gone? what kind of a middle school team does halls have coming up? what is the middle schools record over burnettes last 5 years?

What i've heard some of them say, and i'm not saying if they are right or wong, is that the offense is just not "exciting" enough for them. It doesn't show off their skills, so they say.

Gary has had a lot of success over the years running the option style offense. When he's had the talent to open it up, he has. What some kids, and more likely some parents, don't realize is that it's not Gary's job to show off their sons. His job is to win football games the best way he and his staff think they can with the overall talent on the team.

Honestly, I don't know who Halls could hire that would do a better job of coaching on the field than Shephard does. He is a good football coach.

i agree, the coach is not the problem. the middle school team has been the most dominant in knox county for the past 5 years, but after the eigth grade they are becoming free agents. how does a kid(a quarterback) go from halls middle to Maryville high when his dad coached the halls middle school team for years. ?

Burnette wasn't going to wait for his son to play.He had to play now.At Maryville he will have to wait his turn just as he would at Halls.It just seems that everyone these days has to play now(as a freshman?) to get noticed.Knoxville and surrounding areas don't have that many D-1 prospects.As I say the grass is greener elsewhere till you get there.Halls has only to play with the talent that they have.Most schools have lean years and good years.Halls I think will surprise some people there again they may not.Injuries to any team can short circuit a team.A good number of teams (Central,Powell,Clinton,West,Carter,Halls)are not deep at certain postions and injuries could be a factor.I think after Maryville Powell and Central it could be a dogfight.Oh what if Burnett does not pan at Maryville, where could he go?Many bridges have been burned in North Knox! P.S. Halls can play excellent baseball! Opps wrong thread.

Edited by avidfan