Harriman Football...

devilsgr8ccs

You better recheck your numbers. Harrimans reported enrollment numbers to the State Dept of Educ. is only at 353, well low enough to put them in single A right in the middle of Oneida and the Morgan county teams. Single A ball usually breaks around 390 to 395 and with the multiplier for privates it may go to 400 + in 2005.

<_<

Yep, according to my shoddy math, I have Harriman in 1A quite easily. On the subject of this season, I still see Harriman struggling with their schedule. I do think they have a chance to break the losing streak and winning a couple of games. I also think they have a chance to not finish in the cellar of the region, but not vying for a playoff slot.

There will be around 20 Class A teams with larger enrollments than Harriman when the new classifications are released. With Harriman's No. of 353, they would have been Class A under the last classification when Oneida was the cutoff at 361. At that time, Harriman had around 420. Harriman, as a whole, has been losing students on a regular basis for a few years now.

When they do drop to Class A, they will be a force just about every year. Remember besides three straight 0-10 seasons, the Blue Devils have one state appearance, two sem-final appearances and a quarterfinal appearance in the last 10 years and that's in Class AA.

• 4 weeks later...

i dont really thing wartburg and oliver springs will be all that great with wartburg losing 18 players and os alot of their good players too. i think the district will end up something like this and maybe switch out 4 and 5 who knows, just have to wait and see how it goes.

1.alcoa

2.sweetwater

3.rockwood

4.oliver springs

5.harriman

6.wartburg