Campbell Co. Football

CampbellCo.man84

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barney Phillips, Nick Johnson, Toby Young, and Josh Evans

825295824[/snapback]

I remeber all of those guys from last years team and their middle school days and if you are counting on them to be a competitive line the you are living in a fantasy world. My prediction for this year is CCHS will beat Scott County and possibly South-Doyal. I think the"mighty" Cougars will fall hard back to earth this season. I don't see Chris Johnson making it through the sason, he hasn't since his 8th grade year. He will not have a talent like Zack Byrge to back him up this time. I see Bearden, Sevier County, Clinton, and Science Hill avenging themselves this year. I also cannot picture Campbell County competing with the likes of Morristown East, Jeff county, or Kingsport this year. As far as the kicking game goes I don't see that one kid, who was pretty awful last year, improving enough to be a factor. The quaterback is tiny and won't make it through the Jefferson County game. I doubt Campbell County will have 60 kids by the time the second game rolls around either. As far as Shaunman becoming Victor's color man goes, he actyually has had one the last 2 years that is very knowledgable about football and isn't a bit afraid to uestion the stupid decisions that Cmapbell County's coaches make, and they make several per quarter. Oh and I'm sure that VolTimesSportsEditor is out chasing young girls this weeknd and is to busy to get online.

yea, possum, that's the biggest problem here in Campbell County. the parents don't support the team and don't encourage their players to play. another problem is the lack of "fun" in football up here. that is the reason i didn't play when i thought about it my freshman year. there are no rewards for playing football. there are no pep rallies or assemblies at our school to recognize the players. the only way to know if someone plays football is that they wear their jersey's on Friday's. this is not necessarily the coach's fault. being a student at CC i tend to blame it on the administration. but i'm not going to get into the local politics. the administration and faculty have even lost their support of the team even. up here the faculty used to go to the games but now not many of them are even there. there is nothing fun about school for the students or faculty. the reason i know about the faculty is that both my parents either teach or have taught at CCHS.

lata

Shaunman

A recent stretch of about six years with less than desirable administrative appointments to both football playing high schools has put a damper on things.

But I believe in due time with the support of the Board of Educ. the Director will cure some of those problems as she seems to be very supportive of athletics. Get some folks together and relay your views to her and I feel she would make the necessary changes to help the students and student/athletes. :)

yes, tell me about it possumcop, i have had to deal with these people through my recent school years. luckily the political tides have finally turned here in the county and i think we are looking up now. by the way, i noticed earlier you didn't want to give away the location of the place you coached, but what county do you reside in possumcop.

lata

Shaunman

you really wanna stay almost totally anonomus, sorry i can't spell, don't ya possumcop?

o well, i'm really looking forward to the scrimmage this Wed. because i might go and see how we do. just for a lil preview of what is to come. i just hope that none of our players get hurt this year in scrimmages.

lata

Shaunman

The reason I haven't replied all weekend is hat I tend to spend very little of my off time in front of a computer. I think Shaunman did an excellent job of breaking the schedule down but if anyone is interested in my opinion on it I will post it after we go to press this week. I was at Campbell County's practice this morning and they looked to have a good group there. The o-line looked better than I had expected and the skill players looked up to par. Wells certainly has this team headed in the right direction. I'll keep you updated after we go to press Tuesday night.