Best WR this year

timbdp

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

basically, this thread should be called, "best wr's in the state--besides patrick turner because he is freaking awesome".  no one else compares to this kid, but there are some other good wide outs in tn this year.  look for rahmel oliver from riverdale to have a huge year--6'3", close to 190 lbs. and very elusive with some breakaway speed.  he will give riverdale the passing dimension they have been lacking since taron henry went down in '02.

825295386[/snapback]

Very true. Turner is definetly the BEST WR in the state, hands down. At 6'5, he will have a mismatch with probably every guy that chooses to go against him, not to mention 4.5 speed.

Brandon Warren is definetly in the top 3. Warren is the most physical WR in the state but can still get better so i dont think he's the best right now but deginetly in the top 3. Everyone that has seen him play says that he remindes them of Larry Fitzgerald and Mike Williams. Warren is an electrifying player and can break a game wide open on a fade or and crossing route. I feel bad for the corners that have to guard him.

if you have posted anyone else other than patrick you are out of you mind. HE IS THE NUMBER NINE PLAYER IN THE NATION!!!!!!!!! ( how can anyone be better ) ???????

I have seen both Lamon and Patrick as I stated earlier. Lamon would have all the rankings that Patrick had, if not for Lamon's injuries and questionable conduct last season. Remember, both were All American. After Lamon's season last year his national spotlight declined, now had he played every game I promise he would be a top receiver in the nation. Lamon is 6'3, Patrick is 6'5, but Lamon is just far more physical and cam make more happen after the catch. In addition, Lamon plays much tougher competition in 5A vs 2A. Anyone that has seen both play will agree. I am in no way doubting Patricks ranking, I am just saying Lamon was on track to be right there with him until missing maybe 5 games, playing sparatically, and having a run in with the coaches. So don't tell me I am out of my mind, just do better research, Lamon is right there with Patrick and they are by far the two best in Tennessee.