Centennial High School

BigDogDaddy

to redbaron and fhsrebel, i dunno if theyll beat brentwood or not cause i dont know how could chs is but if they can beat brentwood then yall should also write that franklin is an easy win for them too, brentwood is alot better than franklin this year, dont even try to fight that fact.....

825295916[/snapback]

Support your argument because I'm interested in hearing why Brentwood is "alot" better than Franklin. I'd say their potential is pretty comparable at this point, but I'd love to hear the reasons behind your hypothesis.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scrimmages certainly don't mean everything; in fact, I'd contend that they really mean nothing, especially in the spring when strategies aren't set and most of each team's best athletes are playing other sports. Still, your opinion interests me and it'll be intriguing to see how things shape up this year.

Doug Dyer and the Williamson County(soon to be Franklin) Review Appeal did a good job on an article about Tommy Buchannan(torn ACL game 4) and his road to recovery.Buchannan, a starter since his freshman year, now a senior, will have a tough time making it into a starting backfield with Curtis Steele. New talent on the horizon makes it a very crowded situation.

Murphy Fair (Centennial sent theirs in this year) talks about the returning line, returning QB Taylor Scott, and the fast, powerful backfield....but ... what about Phillip Bates...he's gone...I just think that he was too big...could have been huge had centennial used him at QB and gone to a spread....so big that they will sputter and misfire without him.

Line is Huge:

Magochy, Jr, 6'2 210 / Austin, Sr, 6'3 290/ Wolff,Sr, 6'4 265/ Elam, Sr, 6'5 230/ Dumke, Sr, 6'3 265

and those were last years numbers

But remember the East Team's line in the Shriner's game....

Leadership? Coaching? Turnovers? Kicking? Tenacity? Predictability?

rebel i will agree with you that they should have knelt because they had us beat and whoever made the big play at the end was gonna win and we happened to make the play, you cant forget van horne shooting through the hole and pretty much tackling their qb and runningback simultaneously, so yea they should have knelt but we made a play and made the field goal and won

rebel i will agree with you that they should have knelt because they had us beat and whoever made the big play at the end was gonna win and we happened to make the play, you cant forget van horne shooting through the hole and pretty much tackling their qb and runningback simultaneously, so yea they should have knelt but we made a play and made the field goal and won

825296259[/snapback]

I always wondered who made that play... I had assumed it was Ian . " Great Players...yada yada yada"

I thought last year would be the year Centennial beat Brentwood and I was wrong! This year I don't think they will. I believe Brentwood's defense will be better w/o Van Horne. Now before anyone goes off.... what I mean by that is that last year because he was so good he was given the ability to freelance. This enabled him to make big plays like the one mentioned above, but at the same time it puts to much dependence on the man rather than the unit. In the playoff game FHS focused on blocking Van Horne and found that the rest of the defense was limited when he was isolated. Van Horne as an individual defender was the best I have seen in HS.

From what I'm hearing there will be more balance in their defense and based upon both Crawford and Daniels being there, I would say that Bwood wil shutdown Centennial

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Every year you heard "This is Centinial's(sp) year!" Quite frankly, I'm sick of hearing it. I don't see how they could possibly be better without their key player Bates. They even retired his jersey for heaven's sake. They CAN NOT be a stronger team without him, period. As much as they have this year, they had the same last year, without Bates. Its not possible, I believe, for this year to be CHS's year. I do see them beating BGA though, since they will be very weak this year.

you guys are quick to assume that Bates will be missed terribly. Bates WAS a key player but Centennial has about 20 seniors stepping in to take over. Bates was one man not thet entire team. I don't see centennial losing 5 games this year....maybe only 3. Brentwood and Franklin are definatly are going to be on the hit list regardless. Centennial will get over any mental block... i can personally guarantee that.