Oak ridge vs MTown West Scrimmage

bmart

I would like to hear more about the scrimmage from Oak Ridge and Mo West fans.

825302271[/snapback]

Thanks for the info, but not what I wanted to hear. Also thanks to OR for the scrimmage and allowing MW the opportunity to evaluate any and all areas that need work. As an afterthought, I do remember the drive back to Morristown from Maryville last year with a 1 - 3 record. The necessary adjustments were made and we ended up playing in December. I do disagree with FBE about a "reloading" program. MW has over the last few years put 75+ varsity players on the field each season. Without "reloading" we would not have been able to hand Maryville the couple of defeats they have had for a while. With all respect, sorry for the jab FBE.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence taken and no spin here. I remember the 2001 thing, 31-24. The loss was the last one that year. I also know after that loss adjustments were made and we won 39 in a row and had two state championship wins in two tries. Not a bad recovery don't you think?

When I spoke of reloading, the term to me means picking up where the program left off from a year ago and with new starters and is two deep at every position. I look at Maryville as the dominate 4A team in the east because of depth and there is no question the program is the favorite until another program proves it can decisively defeat them on a regular basis. The past 7 years no one has been able to do that and its not going to happen again this year. Go Reb's

No offence taken and no spin here.  I remember the 2001 thing, 31-24.  The loss was the last one that year.  I also know after that loss adjustments were made and we won 39 in a row and had two state championship wins in two tries.  Not a bad recovery don't you think?

When I spoke of reloading, the term to me means picking up where the program left off from a year ago and with new starters and is two deep at every position.  I look at Maryville as the dominate 4A team in the east because of depth and there is no question the program is the favorite until another program proves it can decisively defeat them on a regular basis.  The past 7 years no one has been able to do that and its not going to happen again this year.  Go Reb's

825302424[/snapback]

Without a doubt Maryville is the benchmark of 4a teams in the east, who could argue with the record? Anyway football is cyclical and Coach Quarles and staff do a great job in maintaining the program over an extended period. I take it you feel this year's team will be equal to, if not better than the Maryville teams over the last three years?

I do think this year’s team is better top to bottom that last years. But having said that, this year’s offence, if they play to their potential mostly free from injury, will put up some serious numbers and maybe make a run at the school scoring record-606.

The defense has many young guys that need some seasoning and are still growing. The kids starting on the D have been pretty good at the JV and freshman levels but varsity is another issue in my book and Friday night is the true test. In the front seven on “D” we got only two starters from last year in Valentine (LB) and Smith (DE) if I am correct looking at my depth chart early this season. We have an early key injury in Garner (S) and I heard one of the young LB studs got hurt during practices this week. So we will see how the “D” steps it up but I expect to put some points on every opponent this year and go deep into the post season.

very good game by OR, i felt that MO'West was strong at first, but OR kept marching down the field and scoring, boyfromsi, the way i see it, we had five missed chances at scroing, you forgot about the touchdown called back by holding and the almost interception with smooth sailing toward the end zone, but youre right, the game wasnt that close