Obion Co. Fans

CoachD33

:D As it states in the book of what ??.... :D  You sound like Al Bundy

But you are a redbird fan so you gotta be alright...... 

The graduated from UC thing was a joke I know it doesn't matter...

But this decision does stink..Can you shed light on why the radio station did this??

825304674[/snapback]

Titus is a book of the Bible.. It speaks of patience and understanding through difficult times.. Life is about choices and those choices are based on individual circumstances as it applies to each situation. As for this particular subject and why the decision was made, you'll have to discuss that with the management of the radio station.. No matter what happens, I hope that the football program at Obion County Central High School in Troy continues the success it's had for the past few seasons. B)

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what Titus is...again I was joking......

Although I thought Titus was a book in the Bible concerning qualifications and duties of elders and patience as it relates to the pastoral work of a true minister...but I will not argue the Bible....I understand what you are saying...

As bad as we fans feel about this decision OCCHS will play football this year..I guess we will have someone at the games who can add some kind of insight as to what is going on at the games...And if something doesn't happen this year maybe something will happen next year with a new radio station...

Rev. redbirdfan evidently is wanting a peace to breakout while a battle is brewing.

All may want to catch the Rev. on the weekends as he tours with Jimmy Swaggart's group.

occhsfan, thanks for the compliment...I've enjoyed working with all who have coached at OCC and look forward to continuing as I along with Mike Hutchens host Countdown To Kickoff this Friday on WENK for the 3rd straight year.

I received a call from an OCC fan yesterday...they were wanting to know if there were any options for the program radio wise. These folks are very frustrated. Maybe the Rev. will be able to console them, but I'm not sure they'll be very receptive to his preaching.

Here's an interesting item: Since the games are under TSSAA rules...any school has the right to choose which source of media may or may not report/broadcast their games. What if SF & OC barred this station from the games and was able to get UC on board with that as well. Would that do anything to change their minds?

It isn't a station's right to cover a school's games, it's a granted privilege.

From what I understand, the Obion Central games will still be covered with updates

which include recaps of what's going on, time left in the game and what the score is which has been difficult at times to get in the past B)

We'll just need to see what happens before we start passing judgement. B)

825303999[/snapback]

Redbird, no disrespect to you, as you are a good friend, but as to being patient and not passing judgment, let me ask you this, how would you have liked to have had the live game coverage taken away while you were headlining for the Rebel basketball team? Also, how would your parents have taken such a move, from play by play to updates? No matter how much you go back and forth to the game for updates, it is not the same as having the game on live and catching the action as it happens. If this is a good idea, can we expect your station to go to the update format? Would your listeners like that format, the listeners at Obion County Central and South Fulton certainly do not. I along with many many other football, and basketbll fans in the area do not understand this move. Just think about from that point of view.

Redbird, no disrespect to you, as you are a good friend, but as to being patient and not passing judgment, let me ask you this, how would you have liked to have had the live game coverage taken away while you were headlining for the Rebel basketball team? Also, how would your parents have taken such a move, from play by play to updates? No matter how much you go back and forth to the game for updates, it is not the same as having the game on live and catching the action as it happens. If this is a good idea, can we expect your station to go to the update format? Would your listeners like that format, the listeners at Obion County Central and South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> certainly do not. I along with many many other football, and basketbll fans in the area do not understand this move. Just think about from that point of view.

825305059[/snapback]

I believe you think that Redbirdfan is the one and only Robin Cuuuuuuude! I assure you he is not. And you don't have to worry about B93.7, Tennessee Country 97.7, or Mix 101.3 making this same lack of commitment to the young people of their broadcast areas.

Redbird, no disrespect to you, as you are a good friend, but as to being patient and not passing judgment, let me ask you this, how would you have liked to have had the live game coverage taken away while you were headlining for the Rebel basketball team? Also, how would your parents have taken such a move, from play by play to updates? No matter how much you go back and forth to the game for updates, it is not the same as having the game on live and catching the action as it happens. If this is a good idea, can we expect your station to go to the update format? Would your listeners like that format, the listeners at Obion County Central and South Fulton</a> certainly do not. I along with many many other football, and basketbll fans in the area do not understand this move. Just think about from that point of view.

825305059[/snapback]

NWhoop is right...you are mistaken about who redbirdfan is...Cude does not get on coacht. Redbirdfan is only doing what his company needs him to do. That's all I got to say about that.

Edited by sportsradiotn