Obion Co. Fans

CoachD33

:( I want my PLAY - BY - PLAY!!!!!!

Redbirdfan talk to the hand

One thing is for certain they dang well better not do play-by-play for basketball!!!! :(

Well FullcourtPress, I've no clue what you're talking about .. As for the presets on the ole radio, that freedom is all you to place the dial where ya want to for this week and listen to the game on an FM.. What about the OC/UC game in a couple of weeks?? :( You guys will be jumping for joy if you get a chance to listen to it on a FM wouldn't you thumb If ya smell what the pre-game is cookin :(

825333854[/snapback]

Redbird....you know if the game is going to be carried live with play-by-play, it would be nice if the fans were told this now, instead of all the hints, and rumors. There are alot of fans who would like to hear any insight that could be shared. I think most everyone has been thru enough with all the back and forth on this. After all this is not about the station, you, me or anything else, it's about the kids that play. For me it was always about the kids, and in our conversations, I can say the same for you. Oh well, that's my two cents worth.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My oh My. I started this thread nearly four weeks ago and it's taken on a life of its own! And now we are here at the first, live play-by-play of Rebel football this year. I can't promise that Paul will not be biased but at least you can hear every player's name mentioned at some point in time and not a soul from Gleason/Greenfield/Lake Co./South Fulton/ or even Union City!

Oh and by the way, tune in for:

The Pre-Game Meal, Friday nights 6:30-7:00 on 101.3 WCMT & 97.7 WTNE

I would rather listen to the OC/UC game on WENK am 1240 than 104.9 anyday. I don't care if it's on AM. After reading this forum (all 10 pages) the people at 104.9 should be ashamed of themselves. They don't care enough about the local communities to provide the service of play by play. I am mainly a UCHS supporter (since I am alumni), but Friday nights I keep up with all of the local schools. As for the Westview game this week, I will listen to WCMT. I will NOT listen to 104.9 even if they are trying to spread rumors about play by play returning. I think it would be best if everyone would do the same. I was really excited when I heard that South Fulton play by play was picked up by WFUL. Atleast they understand how valuable it is to provide a community service.

Well, anyone have any thoughts on the play-by-play from Tinkle on the OC game? ... Driving home, after dropping off one car-pooler and on the way to pick up another, we cruised past the WQAK-QAK building. No lights on. No one home.

BTW ... a quick shout-out to Jennifer and Jeanette, who have apparently cracked the code to my secret identity. :D .... SC or F-H, huh Jenn?? Well, good luck when the tip-off comes. :D

My oh My. I started this thread nearly four weeks ago and it's taken on a life of its own! And now we are here at the first, live play-by-play of Rebel football this year. I can't promise that Paul will not be biased but at least you can hear every player's name mentioned at some point in time and not a soul from Gleason/Greenfield/Lake Co./South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Fulton</a>/ or even Union City!

Oh and by the way, tune in for:

The Pre-Game Meal, Friday nights 6:30-7:00 on 101.3 WCMT & 97.7 WTNE

825334636[/snapback]

NW...you do a great job with the pre-game meal, and I thought Paul did a good job with the game as always, at least what I got to hear. And hey as far as Paul being biased, don't worry about it. The broadcaster for a school is expected to be somewhat biased toward the school he covers. Just listen to the broadcasts in the area, and you'll see that. NW..you know that is true, but maybe there are some that read these posts that do not.  I thought your coverage was very good as always....and thanks. Rebel fans lets plan to make the roadtrip Friday night, as we see another group of Chargers. See you at Covington

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!

side note: sportsradio....look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane.....oh well you know the rest......

VO, thanks for the kind words. Working real hard to provide a quality program before game broadcasts. By the way, I've been meaning to tell you I was at the McKenzie game and you did sound good on the PA. You are still the VORebs!

"The Pre-Game Meal", Fridays 6:30-7:00 on 101.3 & 97.7

Edited by NWhoopaholic

I wanna make some of quick points:

1. I think what Tinkle and his gang do on Friday nights, with games on play-by-play, and Saturday mornings is great for H.S. sports in NW Tennessee. B/c of them, a lot of our schools, be they in Weakley County, Gibson County or even Obion County, get a lot of coverage they normally would not get. You take them and what WENK does with Union City, and you have a wide variety of H.S. sports coverage in this area.

2. I'm not a big fan of what 104.9/105.7 are doing, but I don't have any control over it other than to voice my opinion. I've done that, so I won't do it anymore .... unless I'm just overcome with a thought. (Which does not happen very often. I had a thought once, but it died of loneliness.) .... I will say this, though: The folks running those stations should take note that this thread now has 10 PAGES of comments and none of them by people not associated with the stations are positive.

3. If this topic has convinced me of anything, it has made me an even stronger believer that an all-sports talk radio station would work in our little rural corner of the galaxy. ..... Hint, Hint. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?