Midway @ Rockwood

themagicrooster

Well, I would like to congratulate Webber and his staff...and of course the players, on a fine win to open the season. CoachT.com used to be a lot nicer when we used to talk about the game...the good plays...and the players that stood out for their team. Now a thread gets started to talk about a game and inevitably turns into a whizzing contest.

I think Midway will be fine in their region. They were missing their two best players tonight...if those two and Woody can come back by week four, all will be well in Midway country.

Looking forward to seeing the Tigers play Sweetwater next week, Goose has allowed me to cover that one...and it should be a dandy. Oh, I read the RCN...it's my county paper and while the news part of it is lacking something awful, Goose does a good job.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What little bit of info did he read in RCN?

Midway started the game tonight without QB Jude O'Toole and RB Brock King then QB Jeremy Woody and RB Blake Bray were hurt and both could be serious. If four of their top five threats are already hurt then it could the sign of a long season. Hopefully, Jude and Brock will be back in a couple of weeks and hopefully, Jeremy's and Blake's injuries are not as serious as they seemed tonight.

I thought Rockwood played a really good second half. Running backs were really aggressive and the line gave them plenty of room to run. It's also fun to see the Tigers with a kicking game. Hill gets the ball up quick and Gus has a leg that will kepp the ball inside the 10 on kickoffs.

I heard a couple of Rockwood fans getting mad because Coach Moser had his starters in the game after it was decided. Remember Midway has to get a third string QB ready along with finding some running backs who weren't even on the depth chart two weeks. At the end tonight, Spencer Myers was the tailback and he has never played that position before tonight. Now he may be the starter. That's why the starters were still in.

There was a small line about Rockwood lacking a little bit of depth at a few postions. And ever since it appeared bigcat seems to think coach Webb is at fault that the freshmen havent had a whole lot of playing time by the 1st game.

but anyway, I'm not talking about that anymore.

Goose I like what you do. I think you could use about 3 other writers to actually be able to cover all the games, but I dont guess the RCN could find the money to hire 3 sportswriters for 10 weeks. Keep up the good work.

Edited by MaC RHS

On Midway's final drive of the first half, Woody picked up 11 yards on an option but got hit on the knee. Rockwood called time out on the play and that allowed Woody to head to the sidelines without many people seeing it. He had his knee wrapped with ice the rest of the night. Coach Moser said the swelling was too bad to know the extent of the injury. That, however, might be a good sign because I've heard that a quick swelling is sometimes a good sign (although that doesn't sound right). Hopefully it's just a twisted knee and hw won't be out that long.

i have a question who's the chase kid for rockwood he looks like a promising freshman.

825306199[/snapback]

Chase Clem #7 is a 5'5 155 freshman. He is very atheletic and has a lot of talent. The most important thing about him is his work ethic and attitude, hes not only a leader on the field, but off as well.I cant say enough about the positive things he brings to the field and to the field house. He will have a great impact on the program before his 4 years are up. Go Tigers! 27 1..... sorry had to...

Edited by RwoodTigersIn02