Notre Dame Wins

BenHasRisen

Well Well, I saw this coming for the Central Purple Pounders, but I didn't see it coming this soon in the season. Both teams started out really slow. Neither Offense could move the ball through the first qaurter and it was one of those games that was hard to watch. I would say it looked exactly how you picture teams not sure of themselves when they come out for their first game. Central's first points came on a Saftey putting the Pounders up 2-0. Later on in the half Central's QB made the scramble to the corner of the endzone where Central's PAT try was blocked. Leaving the score 8-0 at the half. Notre Dame came out with a fire and were led definsively by Ian Meredith who looked really impressive and was easily the best linebacker on the field tonight as well as Lebron Caffey. The Irish drop the field and scored on a two yard run to make it 8-6. They then attempted a two point conversion that was caught by Caffey in the endzone. The next score came in the 4th when Central ran a screen pass and the reciever was hit and coughed up the football that was then scooped up and taken 40 yards for a touchdown. 15-8 after the PAT. Central then scored late in the game after a few Notre Dame misques and elected to go for the two point conversion this time. Main reason is because they don't have a steady kicker. They went for the two and fumbled the football. Notre Dame was then able to run out the clock and salvage the win. Brent Hayes played no dominant role in this football game. He may have recorded 3 or 4 tackles but nothing special on the evening. I did notice he was limping quite a bit late in the third quarter. And Centrals Qaurterback has an amazing arm but lacks accuracy, although I would look for him to be dangerous later on in the season. Neither team looked especially good, but Notre Dame did enough to win this game.

Edited by InDepthInsider

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW!!!! What in the heck happend to my Purple PUDS? Like woah nellie!!! 15-14 and we were favored by 30!!! I think we need to dig deep and bring out the real purple puds that i know we are. We better win next week or I will take throw my purple away. P.S. If you can throw the ball please call our head coach... We need a QB!!!!

wow im as shocked as anyone. your right central did look a little distracted and unfocused. John has never played in a game before in his life and that i believe had alot to do with the game. he is a really good QB and has a great group of guys to throw to i think he just got a little excited it bein his first time. Central got beat fair but i think they will come out this year around .500. I have to give ND credit they looked alot better this year and not because we looked worse either they just seem to be playing as a unit this year. Brent had an alright night for his first game back. He had around 10 or 11 tackles if you count assists 1 forced fumble and an int. You have to put yourself in his shoes if you had an injury like he did you might be a little hesatant at first as well; he'll get back were he was; but in all i think he played real well for bein out as long as he has and comin from where he was. The story with the kicker is that he is a first year kicker and we had already proven not to be able to make an extra point so the alternative would be to go for 2. Central has to work on the O-Line like no ones business, John would have not throw the ball in the stands so much if he had a little blockin. Central has alot of tallent still and i think they will pick it up....alot of season is left to be played. good job ND on the win i hope yall do good in the future....tell Andy Price JT said hey.

Guest ChattCentralPlyr

Centrals O-line play was great for the run, but the coaching staff is to caught up on the passing game. Central needs to go back to the basics. Robert Woods has the talent to run with the best, behind two of the best blockers in town Weiss and

Tipton both 4 year starters.

The reason why the Central kicker isn't that good is because this is his first year. He is a sophomore, and has never kicked before. I talked to Coach Cambell, an assistant coach and teacher, and he said he didn't want to put that much pressure on a new kicker. They didn't want to put all of that weight on a new player's shoulders. So therefore they tried for the 2 point conversion. Did anyone else see that clothesline tackle by Brent Hayes? That makes up for the loss!