Centennial ...not all that

BigDogDaddy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know why every1 keeps talking about franklin vs. BA . Brentwood is the best in region 5-5a this year, and BA would kill brentwood.

If ba wanted to be back in 5a, i dont think they would be a powerhouse. 1st of all they wouldnt be able to give financial aid, and that probably wouldnt change much on this years team but on past teams it would.

and on another note i think riverdale would kill BA this year, have ne of yall seen Riverdale play? they r amazing.

Our neighbor Brentwood and your neighbor Riverdale were at the forefront of the movement to kick private schools out of 5A.  We'd still be playing at that level if we hadn't been forced out.  I figured that was common knowledge by now...

<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> is not scared of playing FranklinFranklin is not scared of playing <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>.  There are 10 games on the schedule, and Franklin is particularly constricted when it comes to how many non-region games they can play.  They choose wisely and have played some strong teams, as has BA.  Hopefully one day the two can schedule each other, but don't assume their failure to play one another is a factor of either team being intimidated.  That's about as ludicrous as claiming that BA wasn't forced out of 5A.

825310084[/snapback]

Sorry guys I have to interject here.

If Brentwood Aca had moved up to 3-A back before the 5 reclasification period. 1 there would be no split. And 2 the state would be better off because of it. Flatt had his chance back in the late 80's to move up to 3-A with the big boys but refused. He instead opted to remain beating up on the Portlands, Waverlys and Lewis County's of the state. Only Marion County was up to the challenge. If he would have moved up the split never would have happened. Would they still have been good, yes. Dominant, no. And for the 5-A comparison before the private/public split, even Flatt himself said those were the most talented squads he had ever coached. I didn't see B.A get a trophy in the 4-A two years earlier. It would have all evened out. But now....we are stuck, mired in this endless debate.

Sorry guys I have to interject here. 

If Brentwood Aca had moved up to 3-A back before the 5 reclasification period. 1 there would be no split. And 2 the state would be better off because of it.  Flatt had his chance back in the late 80's to move up to 3-A with the big boys but refused. He instead opted to remain beating up on the Portlands, Waverlys and Lewis County's of the state.  Only Marion County was up to the challenge.  If he would have moved up the split never would have happened.  Would they still have been good, yes.  Dominant, no.  And for the 5-A comparison before the private/public split, even Flatt himself said those were the most talented squads he had ever coached.  I didn't see B.A get a trophy in the 4-A two years earlier.  It would have all evened out.  But now....we are stuck, mired in this endless debate.

825310226[/snapback]

What is Gallitin's excuse? BA has proven to dominate in all classes. And Brentwood#1 please spell because not everyone can follow your computer slang.

i dont know why every1 keeps talking about franklin vs. BA . Brentwood is the best in region 5-5a this year, and BA would kill brentwood.         

825310223[/snapback]

Wow... when did Brentwood move to Region FIVE? Hmmm....

Wes, you know I had to get that barb in, that in fact BA did lose to a county team. :lol:

And Wes also hits the nail on the head as far as BA/Franklin goes. Franklin will always play LCHS as long as TJ is here, that leaves two non-region games... soon to be one possibly. Hard to get those schedules to coincide... but hopefully we can see a BA/FHS matchup in the near future.

Actually Gallatin hasn't always been dominant. Very good 30's and 40's. Very bad in the 50's and 60's. Very very good 70's. Down right dominant 80's to early 90's. Rest of 90's average. 2000 on have been very good again. It is the ebb and flow of talent and coaching. I think that we are on the upswing again. It happens at every school.

Guest region4fan

we are lucky in Region 4 .( the Rutherford County teams) Our superintendent wants the teams to play locally so there isn't too much travel for the kids. They put us all in the same region. There are several teams that I would rather play than some we have to....but that across town travel is pretty smooth!

I would really like to play gallatin again. Oakland/Gallatin used to be a huge rivalry, as did Oakland and Dickson County.

Edited by region4fan

This has gotten quite lively, GWAVE1 this might not be the place, but you seem to have a handle on "The Split." For those of us that weren't old enough or paying attention could you elaborate on it? Wes and sportsguy chime

825310268[/snapback]

Did you just call me old? :lol:

I was just giving my perspective from Gallatin's point of view. When Short was the head coach and Flatt was in his first stint at B.A. , they were both at the top of their respective classes. Every year the question was could Brentwood Aca. step up and beat or even compete with Gallatin. Most of the time it was more of "Gallatin better be glad they don't have to play Brentwood Aca or they would get beat too". I think everybody in town got sick of hearing this. Especially the coaching staff. So, I can't remember the exact year 89' or 90', when the reclassifing of teams was to take place Short and Flatt talked about playing a game between the top 2 schools. They decided to play it at Vanderbilt.(Which would have been the only venue to hold the matchup) But there was a stickler. Flatt would not move up a class in order to play Gallatin. Gallatin could not move down and at the time refused to play teams in lower classifications. Flatt said he did not feel he could compete game in and game out with the 3-A schools. Short said that if we beat B.A. being a 2-A school they would say, well they are only 2-A. If we were to lose then it would really look bad on the program losing to a 2-A school. So....the game never got played. And they have never met since. Just think those two teams would have drawn at that time over 20000 easily. Well we will never know. It still gets brought up, it happened just last week to me.