Greenbrier at Lipscomb

timbdp

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a great test for a very inexperienced Lipscomb team. To be within striking distance to the very end of the game is a positive for the Mustangs. Yes there is much improvement needed on the offensive line but with the coaching & determination of the Mustang players to succeed I certainly think they will get there. Greenbrier dominated the Mustang offensive line giving Elrod no time to do anything. Defensively there is a lot of room for improvement but overall last night they did okay considering where they were just a few weeks ago. The defense will be okay. Hope the Mustangs can get in the film room & learn from mistakes & go forward & take some positives out of this & chalk it up as a great learning expereience.

Greenbrier you guys have a very good defense & should shut people out a lot. You have to develop some sort of passing threat to open up Herndon more. Teams that you will play that are better defensivly than the Mustangs will beat you. I like your new QB. Good Luck the rest of your season & I hope you guys make it to the BC Bowl.

This was a great test for a very inexperienced Lipscomb team. To be within striking distance to the very end of the game is a positive for the Mustangs. Yes there is much improvement needed on the offensive line but with the coaching & determination of the Mustang players to succeed I certainly think they will get there. Greenbrier dominated the Mustang offensive line giving Elrod no time to do anything. Defensively there is a lot of room for improvement but overall last night they did okay considering where they were just a few weeks ago. The defense will be okay. Hope the Mustangs can get in the film room & learn from mistakes & go forward & take some positives out of this & chalk it up as a great learning expereience.

Greenbrier you guys have a very good defense & should shut people out a lot. You have to develop some sort of passing threat to open up Herndon more. Teams that you will play that are better defensivly than the Mustangs will beat you. I like your new QB. Good Luck the rest of your season & I hope you guys make it to the BC Bowl.

825317898[/snapback]

Thanks Twitty.... I always enjoy your classy posts. I agree on opening up the passing game but I also know that Greenbrier is still playing it somewhat "close to the hip". Greenbrier will normally throw a few more short passes but DL's defense is not an easy group to experiment with. You guys may be young but as always, you're very disciplined and extremely good fundamentally. We had two plays that would have been really nice pass plays but Rogers played some awesome defense and broke them up.

Good luck to you all. I expect you to run the table from here.

Congratulations to Greenbrier on a well played game. Your defensive line put on a clinic against a young, inexperienced, overmatched offensive line. I hope our guys learned something from the lesson you gave them. Your punter was also exceptional. He kept us pinned back everytime he kicked.

We knew Herndon was good; but, the quarterback and fullback were surprising. QB ate us up in the first half when he converted at least three third and long situations with his feet.

Your defense proved the best way to defend the pass is to harrass the QB. Rogers ran around wide open all night and it never hurt you because Elrod was running for his life and couldn't deliver the ball. Good job. If I were you, I wouldn't have wanted to tackle Rogers anyway, the way he kept tossing his cookies all over the field.

Only negative I saw for Greenbrier was the passing. One completion for zero yards will not work by the third round of the playoffs. If that can be stepped up, you guys should have a great year. Good luck the rest of the way.