new districts/regions

b-ball mania

Ela,

Something to ponder? Would it be a benefit for Stewart County, Harpeth, and Waverly to play up in class AAA? You numbers are not that far off from 3A anyway. Then you could have Dover, Cheatham, Harpeth, Sycamore, Creekwood, Waverly, and Montgomery Central all playing in the same district / region in all sports. Talk about building rivalries???? Great gates. Also, it gets you away from all privates except Lipscomb.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that some people feel this way about private schools.... I can take losing to someone better than me who has the same conditions that I have, but losing to someone who is better than me that recruits my players and all the players around me, well thats a little different. I don't know what the answer is, but I am surprised that the privates have not formed their own association.

825313140[/snapback]

if you think that privates recruit your players what do you think would be the result of privates forming their own association

Ela,

Something to ponder?  Would it be a benefit for Stewart County, Harpeth, and Waverly to play up in class AAA?  You numbers are not that far off from 3A anyway.  Then you could have Dover, Cheatham, Harpeth, Sycamore, Creekwood, Waverly, and Montgomery Central all playing in the same district / region in all sports.  Talk about building rivalries????  Great gates.  Also, it gets you away from all privates except Lipscomb.

825313168[/snapback]

That sounds okay except you have no way of knowing if you will get into that region! :blink:

If they have their own league then they can't put me out of my playoffs now can they....

825314447[/snapback]

My Playoffs!!!!!!! Please! The only thing that brings football down in this state is public school whiners. Put them all together like FL and GA. Then you can have a real football state.

Actually, Georgia and Florida both have systems that make a distinction--GA uses a 1.5 multiplier (actually provoked by the Speaker of the House's school being knocked out by a private in debate, which has no business being classified to begin with), while Florida 1A in the north half has urban/rural regions (which is almost but not quite the same as private/public). But neither has any of this Division II nonsense.

First of all the idea that private schools are the only one's that recruit is crazy. When I was in high school I know that the public schools were recruiting my friends. Also, I have kids now that play for me at a private school that tell me that coaches from the public schools are trying to get them to play for them. If recruiting is a problem it is both ways.

I went to public school and thought that all private schools recruited so I hated them. Then when I found myself coaching at a private school I was so wrong. At our school we have strict restrictions about talking to students from other schools, not to mention we have no money to offer them anyways.

I do understand both sides of the argument, but don't put all private schools into the same catagorey.

My playoffs, the playoffs.....whatever boy. Try GA. and FLA. have more people to choose from, not the layout of their system.

825315809[/snapback]

Not to mention, football is the dominant sport in almost all of Georgia, while it's only truly dominant in the middle grand division here. (And Florida's schools are huge--a large 4A here could well be in 2A there!)

Well, Silverpie, at least you admit that the split is nonsense. Anyway, my point is in 2 football dominated states you have privates and publics playing together. Sometimes, private schools get the upperhand (Bolles School, Miami Chaminade, St. Thomas Aquinas in FL., Marist and GAC in GA come to mind), othertimes publics dominate (Valdosta, SW Dekalb, Parkview in GA; Pensacola Pine Forest, Bradenton SW, Tallahassee Lincoln in FL, just to name a few). NOBODY COMPLAINS! The only thing that Tennessee has on FL and GA is a much higher percentage of whiners who unfortunately inhabit the Board of Control of the TSSAA. What the split does is dilutes the competition amoung the better programs around the state. Personally, I don't think now that the "Super 7" has anything on the top 5-A schools now, but of course, we'll never find out. And that is a shame.