Soddy-Daisy @ Red Bank

just4fun

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well seriously, this game was very ugly. neither team to me could hang with a team such as oak ridge, tyner, maybe even ooltewah(with their running back). the quaterback from soddy was saved a few times by his receivers and on one play though the receiver got hit in the chest and reflected right to a red bank kid, plus the sure touchdown on the first series if he had threw it a foot farther and the receiver didnt have to wait on the ball., the db was burnt. Fabry looked good at first. one reason because Soddy has no secondary, and two the little number 2 can catch. after that though he started to put to much air on the ball and that equals pics. Soddy i think finally found themselves a running back, because colbert looked very good. not sure how many yards he had but he can run. Anyways both teams have got to hold on to the ball combined for like 8 turnovers. i know it is soddy's first game but still if we had opened up with a better team we would have a L not a W. enough of that, im looking forward to seeing them play more though.

825315644[/snapback]

I dont see how Soddys Dbs can stink when we had three picks and they didnt score a single TD on Soddys Defense

Fabry did what he could, he really didnt get much help from anybody else. The receivers didnt fight for the ball, the running game was stagnant and the offensive line was terrible, SD spent more time in the Red Bank backfield than the Lion running backs. Gary Orr looked good and his receivers did bail him out a few times but he also made a few plays himself to escape a few would be sacks. Soddy looked much better in the second half when they put #20 in a tailback he put a new gear in the SD offense that was missing in the first half.

Doddle Bivens is a play maker.....he was all over the field, Soddy looked great on defense especially for the first game.

So they caught the streaker.....he may have been the fastest guy on the field the whole night.

Well I haven't been on since last night, but I thought I would put my thoughts in on this game. Wow did it ever start out sloppy. It looked like a typical first game, but Red Bank had already had 1 game. It was a turnover plauged first half. Soddy is a big team and their defense looked really good not allowing a Lion touchdown. Soddy might have trouble down the road though when they play teams with speed, I just hope they can over power them. Blevins and Ward had great games for Soddy as well as "MoMo" I would like to see him run the ball a little more for the Trojans and let Ward focus on defense. I thought Orr looked really good on his feet and really surprised me with his ability through the air. I think Soddy has a really good team and all I have to say is WATCH OUT.

thumb

SD has an old school style team...they bring it at you..no surprises no tricks..just lining up and bringing it at ya...and they are a very big tam and they are quick off the ball ....not saying they are fast but they do fire off the ball really quick....also momo had over 100 yds and a td or 2 ...he explodes through the holes ...he's not a speed back either like caldwell...caldwell over at ohs is small and quick...momo is a power running back that can and will run you over...and don't forget about andy fuller the huge fullback leading the charge thruogh the hole....this will be a force to reckon with this year

Edited by Golden Eagle