BGA-Centennial

bulldog69

Facts

Steele is great Athlete, but big yards against a young BGA squad doesn't impress me.

Yes Scott is out, but the passing game was poor when he was healthy (I was at the BA game)

Wether Scott is healthy or Baron can throw the ball or not - the point is the Cougars offensive game planning takes all of 10 minutes, just enough time to copy the week before...the week before....the week before....

No the Cougars are not horrible, in fact the players are great kids and some pretty good athletes, they just aren't equipped with the same coaching personell that the rest of the County offers their athletes in preparation.

Edited by faninthestand

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Facts

Steele is great Athlete, but big yards against a young BGA squad doesn't impress me.

Yes Scott is out, but the passing game was poor when he was healthy (I was at the BA game)

Wether Scott is healthy or Baron can throw the ball or not - the point is the Cougars offensive game planning takes all of 10 minutes, just enough time to copy the week before...the week before....the week before....

No the Cougars are not horrible, in fact the players are great kids and some pretty good athletes, they just aren't equipped with the same coaching personell that the rest of the County offers their athletes in preparation.

825317469[/snapback]

What about Steele picking up major chunks of yardage against a very well recruited BA team. I will admit BGA was young but i must also say that BA wsa not and Steele was still able to run well against them... 112 yards. This is only the second game....we'll see what you guys are saying come week 10. :rolleyes:

112 yards against BA would be a good night, IF it were balanced with anyone else being a threat. On that night their was nothing else but steele (unless you want to include the Baron run late against Soph's and Feshman)

Steele is Centennial, and until they balance the attack with anything else - they are predictable and they don't execute well enough to be predictable. Too many mistakes and turnovers.

One dimensional or not a win is a win and Centennial has one while BGA does not. Also, take note that when Centennial did pass -without their starting QB- they were two for two with major chunks of yardage. Centennial might or might not beat Franklin but they will make the playoffs.

825317341[/snapback]

Don't think so....Ravenwood, Brentwood, Franklin and Dickson Co all beat Centenial. Ravenwood goes to playoffs instead of Centennial.

i don't get why everyone is so down on centennial.  no they haven't played great yet, and yes they probably were overrated coming into the season but they aren't terrible. i don't think they will miss the playoffs altogether as BDD predicted in another thread.  you guys have a good point about being one-dimensional, but keep in mind the starting quarterback has played less than a half of football this season. also, everyone has been so consumed about the cougar's unbalanced offense, no one mentioned steele went for 183 with 3 td's.  the running game is having to carry the offense until scott get back, then after a couple weeks with him see how the cougars are doing.

825317355[/snapback]

I tend to agree. All the people saying how one-dimensional CHS is, and how all you have to do to stop them is "stack the box" are ignoring a couple of facts. You don't stop teams with schemes...you stop them with players. Also, CHS has a solid O-Line.

Edited by itzme

I tend to agree.  All the people saying how on-dimensional CHS is, and how all you have to do to stop them is "stack the box" are ignoring a couple of facts.  You don't stop teams with schemes...you stop them with players.  Also, CHS has a solid O-Line.

825317926[/snapback]

Thank you very much. I am so glad to hear that someone else agrees with me. I guess we'll see who's better, Ravenwood or CHS this week won't we? :ph34r:

I tend to agree.  All the people saying how one-dimensional CHS is, and how all you have to do to stop them is "stack the box" are ignoring a couple of facts.  You don't stop teams with schemes...you stop them with players.  Also, CHS has a solid O-Line.

825317926[/snapback]

BGA's 180 lb. lineman that had never played a snap of varsity football, held Jamie Wolff to no sacks and maybe 1 hit behind the line of scrimmage. I guess he's better on offense...

BGA's 180 lb. lineman that had never played a snap of varsity football, held Jamie Wolff to no sacks and maybe 1 hit behind the line of scrimmage.  I guess he's better on offense...

825319538[/snapback]

Much better actually. I was also surprised how different he was on D. Got pushed around a lot.

"Yes Scott is out, but the passing game was poor when he was healthy (I was at the BA game)

Wether Scott is healthy or Baron can throw the ball or not - the point is the Cougars offensive game planning takes all of 10 minutes, just enough time to copy the week before...the week before....the week before...."

Taylor Scott was injured in the 2nd quarter of the BA game... So theres no telling what ability he or centennial has.