Coffee County Rolls

SCtribe

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the exact totals, but these are close.  Total for CC 410.  Total for Siegel, somewhere around 200.  Siegel had about 201 in the first half, then were held to a negative 9 until the last 2 or 3 plays in the second half (CC called off the dogs) and ended up with about 200 total for the game.  If I can get the breakdowns I will post them.

825317974[/snapback]

Thanks TK6under thumb

volman...plz look at your own side before TRYIN to criticize the others. ..... You do realize that your fans didn't even stand up..... I can't remember the last time i went to a game and the students didn't stand up.  and yea i do know that our defense was god- awful tonight we all do

825317153[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure you are legally blind if you didnt see us standing up. If you couldn't make out what our shirts said from the other side, it was "Siegel 0-10 again". We also didn't want to be completely rude to the people behind us that asked us to sit down so they could see our team run all over you.(which we eventually ended up standing anyway). Now I don't want to argue over tailgaters or the 108 fans you brought and what not. I'd just like to point out the 227 yards that Jake Nunley rushed with 14 carries (yes people, thats a little more than 16 yards a carry on average), the 3 touchdowns by him, 1 by Le-Hawkins, 1 by West, 1 by Sipe, and 1 by Davidson on a 50 yard reception. I'd also like to remind you of Shelton going 7 for 7 on field goals. I'm not here to talk trash...I'm just stating that facts but dang....I'm glad that you realize how one dimensional Coffee County is. Now that's all I have to say about this. GO RAIDERS!!!

Edited by kevinj

Wow! The season already started? Where have I been?

I just heard about this Red Raider victory last night at work. It sounds like Coffee County may have a promising season. Kudos to my alma mater!

Nice to see another Shelton kicking as well. Manchester's "Independent" had a very nice story regarding her and her kicking family. Emily Shelton is the younger sister to a line of stud Coffee County kickers--Joseph, Zach, and John Luke. Also learned that Emily is the first female ever to play football for Coffee County. Nice history maker there.

There are a couple of things I thought I'd comment on regarding the game and the season. Now, I've been following Tennessee high school football since 1994 (granted, that's not a long time, but it is for me). Anyway, in that time I've come to learn a few things.

Never underestimate the city of Murfreesboro. They can build a school here one day and that school can become a city in itself the next day. Did you know that Murfreesboro/Rutherford County in Rate of Growth is ranked 4th in the nation? Their college team, "The University of" Middle Tennessee, went from the rinky-dinky 1-AA ranks in football to the high ranks of 1-A just six years ago. Speaking of that university, they surpassed the 22,000 mark in enrollment distancing themselves further ahead of Memphis and closing in quickly on the University of Tennessee-Knoxville for the title of the largest university in the state of Tennessee.

So Murfreesboro is growing fast and with that growth comes alot of people and in that array of people moving in will be talented high school athletes.

Have you noticed that it seems like bigger cities have better football teams? Knoxville has some great teams with Farragut, Central, and Halls. Chattanooga also has some pretty dominate programs in their area like Soddy-Daisy, Red Bank, Baylor, and Tyner Academy. Nashville has the powers of Pearl-Cohn, Hillsboro, rising Hillwood, and Overton. Glencliff also has good football. Memphis has Christian Brothers, Munford, and Bartlett.

And of course Murfreesboro has Riverdale, Oakland, Blackman, and now Siegel. Murfreesboro will probably build a fifth high school sometime within the next seven or eight years.

Siegel may appear weak now in football, but keep in mind this is only a second year program. They remind me alot of the University of South Florida and Florida Atlantic University. These are two college programs who had nothing seven years ago. FAU is going on their fourth season. Last season they finished 4th in the nation in all of 1-AA and knocked off 1-A member Middle Tennessee on the last play of the game for that school's most monumental win ever. South Florida played as a 1-AA Independent in 1999. They have risen to the ranks and joined ties in Conference USA starting in 2002. Now, they are moving even higher into the Bowl Championship Series as a member of the Big East starting in 2005.

Siegel because of their geographical location will become very good very fast. They may finish 0-10 this year. Second season, what do you expect? Third season, they may surprise someone. Wilson Central did in that school's third season which was last year. Wilson Central Wildcats defeated Coffee County last year to earn their first ever victory.

Someone made a slam at Coffee County for playing in the weakest region. It very well may be the weakest. In 5-A, Region 3 is certainly the most rural. Regions 1 and 2 house teams from Knoxville and Chattanooga. Regions 4, 5, and 6 house teams from Murfreesboro and Nashville and surrounding areas. Regions 7 and 8 house teams from Jackson and Memphis. These urban areas provide the better chances at landing quality athletes because of the larger populations. In Region 3, McMinnville, may very well be the largest city--either them or Cookeville and that's just not saying much. Still, it's a region that provides border rivals that fans would want to travel to.

Let's not get all wild and hateful.

Keep in mind this is high school football, not a party at the fraternity house where if you are minor participating in the events, you're probably breaking the law.

Overall, I am pleased with the decision the Coffee County school board and/or administration who went in pursuing Coach Price and Coach Nunley. Clearly, there was a need to take the school's athletic program into a new direction where several other coaches seemed to falter. You could get just anybody, but you may not be good. I think Coffee had been looking for quite some time even while Breeden was there.

Still, it's good to drive through Manchester and sense the aura of optimism when it comes to the local football team.

For Siegel Star fans, stay dedicated. You'll get there. Murfreesboro schools always do, and you are no different.

Guest region4fan

Fantastic post!! I hope this will be the first of many for you this season.I don't know about you, but I like to go for the underdogs most of the time. I think it is great to see the new schools rise to dominance. Most don't realize it, but sticking with a school that is on the losing end of the stick builds character.I hope all continue to support the schools that are down right now.............they need you more than ever. Don't be a bandwagon fan...........hang on for dear life the whole bumpy ride!