McKenzie REbs vx. OCHS REbs

@38320

I heard McKenzie won. Does anyone have an accurate score?

825316908[/snapback]

McKenzie 28 Obion Co. 7

Cody Cook scores twice, once on offense & once on defense. Drew Hayes connects with Greg Pruitt through the air for a TD and RB Horton scored the other. OC got on the board last with a 44 yd pass from Garrett Grady to Ashton Kendall.

I am from a neighboring county and watched McKenzie play last year. The qb is just a junior this year and nearly threw for 3000 yards last year, impressive for this area. The game I watched they lost by 2 points, but scored 3 td's in 7 minutes, all in the air. Should be fun watching them this year. Someone said the qb will sign a division 1 baseball scholarship to pitch though..who knows? Also, they have a right tackle that is like in the top 10 recruits in the state.

It was a very one sided game as Mckenzie took control early and coasted to a win...i have a feeling its gonna be a long season for Obion County Central

825317059[/snapback]

As to this being a one sided game, I did not really thik it was, OC was still in it late in the third quarter.....just my observations. As for it being a long season for OC, it's much to early too say that...much too early. Good luck to you guys at Mckenzie, you ave a good team, that could/should go deep into the play-offs.

It was a very one sided game as Mckenzie took control early and coasted to a win...i have a feeling its gonna be a long season for Obion County Central

825317059[/snapback]

The game was not as one sided as the score seems.OC moved the ball well,but would either fumble it away or get backed up on penalties.I thought the defense played well considering how explosive McKenzie could be.All we can do is learn from this and look forward to Ripley this Friday.Go Rebels. thumb

Yes, the score was not close. McKenzie was not very explosive at all after all I had heard that it was gonna be fireworks show!!! But instead they just sparked. Thought OC de played them pretty well. Oh and I definitely believe it would have been a different game without all the turnovers. My goodness you can't turn the ball over that many times and expect your defense hold everytime. They should have scored on the opening drive their momentum was off the charts!!!! tournovers turnovers.... McKenzie still would have prevailed i think but it would have a little more enjoyable at least on the score board. Great job McKenzie on taking advantage of the mistakes.