Campbell Co. vs Jefferson Co. Week 2

possumcop

According to the power and strength rankings on this website Campbell Co. is rated several points better than Jeff. Co. but you can't always depend on rating polls. lol. Does Jeff Co. have enough offense to budge an obviously stubborn Cougar defense? Does Campbell Co. have enough offense to score on Jeff Co.? At least one Cougar fan thinks Campbell Co. is all D and no O. but he gave himself away as a disgruntled fullback from last year and must not like the head coach. :lol:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the power and strength rankings on this website Campbell Co. is rated several points better than Jeff. Co. but you can't always depend on rating polls. lol.  Does Jeff Co. have enough offense to budge an obviously stubborn Cougar defense?  Does Campbell Co. have enough offense to score on Jeff Co.?  At least one Cougar fan thinks Campbell Co. is all D and no O. but he gave himself away as a disgruntled fullback from last year and must not like the head coach. :lol:

825317374[/snapback]

Campbell Co has an improved O-Line with depth, a potentially All-Region/All East TN TB in Chris Johnson (107 yds rushing long 41/ 3-49 rec. long 40) and a young soph QB in Brance Stiner (4-9 82 yds 0 INT 0 TDs) who is gaining more poise and confidence with every throw. (ALL STATS UNOFFICIAL)

I know the Patriots lost Scooter and that other stud RB, in addition to their HC. Also, Patriot fans should remember Chris Johnson who had about 200 return yards vs. Jeff Co. in his freshman year. Could be a very interesting match-up . . .

Most the things that Jefferson Co did badly last night can be easily fix. If Jeff Co cuts down on the mistakes,and opens the offense up just a little we should win with ease on our home opener.Campbell Co doesn`t have the passing game that Rhea Co had,so they will be forced to run on our front 7,something that is not an easy task.Jefferson Co has the same task the Campbell does,we can`t throw the ball to save our lives so we will be forced to attack their front 7.With the size and experience we have up front,we should be able to move the ball.Campbell Co came out and gave us a scare at the beginning last year,and they upset us in 2001,so they won`t be taken lightly.I can`t see Campbell Co getting the amount of breaks that Rhea Co did,if they do it will be a long hard fought game.If not,Jeff Co wins big.

Final Score

Jefferson Co 28

Campbell Co 10

Jeff co had 2 turnovers that stopped drives that moving down the field...missed a field goal xtra point and had a touchdown called back....one of rhea countys score was a 90 yard td pass intended for a 5 yard gain...on Td was a rhea county fumble flying in the air into a nother rhea countys player and the other they started on the 15 yard line...jeff is still putting in offence and defence plays

this week of practice will be crucial i think jeff will pull it together

campbell co 6

jeff co 21

Most the things that Jefferson Co did badly last night can be easily fix. If Jeff Co cuts down on the mistakes,and opens the offense up just a little we should win with ease on our home opener.Campbell Co doesn`t have the passing game that Rhea Co had,so they will be forced to run on our front 7,something that is not an easy task.Jefferson Co has the same task the Campbell does,we can`t throw the ball to save our lives so we will be forced to attack their front 7.With the size and experience we have up front,we should be able to move the ball.Campbell Co came out and gave us a scare at the beginning last year,and they upset us in 2001,so they won`t be taken lightly.I can`t see Campbell Co getting the amount of breaks that Rhea Co did,if they do it will be a long hard fought game.If not,Jeff Co wins big.

Final Score

Jefferson Co 28

Campbell Co 10

825317394[/snapback]

I don't see the Campbell Co defense surrendering 28 points unless they offense gives the Pats a short field. Don't underestimate the potential for the Cougar passing attack. If Jeff Co stuffs the box to slow Chris Johnson, look for Brance Stiner to have a good night with WR Billy Davis and WR Josh Allen. Also, the potential for Johnson on a screen could be scary for opposing defenses. With our history, we cannot be overconfident, but 4 yr Coach Dewayne Wells have these young Cougars believing in themselves, and that in itself is special in Cougar Country. The I-75 pipeline to Anderson Co. had slowed to a trickle with only 2 notable players for the Mavericks (Coleman & Heath), so the Jacksboro and LaFollette MS talent is beginning to stay at home.

Campbell Co. 20

Jefferson Co. 16

Edited by VolViking

I''m not sure who will win this, I am a long time highschool football coach and now fan. I attended the Campbell Co. vs Mo. East game and, Jeff Co. wasn't the only one who threw away some chances. Campbell Co. had an easy field goal blocked and while on the three yard line recieved a penalty for illegal procedure. Which was preceded by a wide open five yard touchdown pass that could have easily been caught.

Campbell Co. 14

Jefferson Co. 10

I dont know what it is but Campbell Co. always seems to give us trouble.

I hate to sound like a sour puss but I just dont know about us this year. I think the whole QB thing is gonna weigh on both guys confidence alot until one of them plays the majority of the time. With that said it will be nice to see how the boys rebound after last night.

I think they will get the win in the home opener, winning the game early and the score not reflecting how the game went because of late TD.

Jeff Co. - 20

Campbell Co. 14

#1footballfaninjct , you a recent graduate or student or just a fan?

I was suprised to see that Jeff Co. lost last night. I thought it would be a good game, but with the Pats coming out on top. You guys should be Campbell Co., but then again I thought you shouldv'e won against Rhea....

825317637[/snapback]

We should have won I agree,but somethings are out of your control.Sometimes the breaks go your way sometimes it doesn`t,that just part of football.Alot of good came out of that game,and when every thing falls into place,the Jefferson County football team will be just fine.As far as the QB thing,I say we make Pewitt the starter,and just change the type of passing plays we call.Ben is a good QB in the short passing game,we need to stop all the role outs,and call quick stops,slants,and fade routes.Those 25yd post,outs and post corner routes don`t fit the personel we have.BTW I know East didn`t score last night,but what kind of yards did they gain against Campbell Co?

Edited by JC4life

Campbell Co. did satisfactory offensively against Morristown East, but did not rack up big numbers. Chris Johnson lead the ground game, gaining 107 yards on 25 carries. At QB, Brance Stiner of 4 of 9 for 82 yards, with no picks or no TDs. The brightest spot was the ball control the Cougars exhibited throughout the evening. No turnovers and a couple of good solid drives. However, on the downside, they could not punch it into the endzone due to penalties and surrendering untimely QB sacks. Johnson did have some negative yardage carries, but also broke off runs of 15, 16, and 41 yards. (stats are not official)