Maryville vs. Halls

gobigd

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's really sad to see a few Maryville fans showing no class . i realize some of you guys are just young and don't know any better , but when you get on here and put down the other team , your just making Maryville look bad . Maryville is about more than winning , it's about winning with class . leave the trash talking to the others who want to be where MARYVILLE is . have you ever heard the phrase " act like you been there before " , when a player scores a touchdown ?? well the same thing can be said to the fans . you guys may think your just being cute , but all your doing is making Maryville look bad to everyone across the state .

it's really sad to see a few Maryville fans showing no class . i realize some of you guys are just young and don't know any better , but when you get on here and put down the other team , your just making Maryville look bad . Maryville is about more than winning , it's about winning with class . leave the trash talking to the others who want to be where  MARYVILLE is . have you ever heard the phrase " act like you been there before " , when a player scores a touchdown ?? well the same thing can be said to the fans . you guys may think your just being cute , but all your doing is making Maryville look bad to everyone across the state .

825320032[/snapback]

Spoken by one who understands, well done. Every team on the schedule has a chance and any team can beat another one given the right opportunity. To discount a proud program and a seasoned coaching staff is unwise. I am glad GQ and company doesn’t think like that.

Edited by FBEmeritus

Hmmmmm......Why am I feeling "anxious" about this game?! After Friday's Alcoa game and paying attention to general performance of the Red Rebels (which I thought was pretty good) there seemed to be some minor lack of enthusiasm/determination on the defensive side of the ball. I noticed some lack of pursuit, as compared to past years, with the DEs. Maybe it was the high humidity and heat, but it just didn't "feel right".

If that performance remains the same this week......Halls just might surprise us all.

(Please let me be wrong!)

I'm still picking a Red Rebel win by 10.

Reguards to the Board,

Map

Hmmmmm......Why am I feeling "anxious" about this game?!  After Friday's Alcoa game and paying attention to general performance of the Red Rebels (which I thought was pretty good) there seemed to be some minor lack of enthusiasm/determination on the defensive side of the ball.  I noticed some lack of pursuit, as compared to past years, with the DEs.  Maybe it was the high humidity and heat, but it just didn't "feel right".

If that performance remains the same this week......Halls just might surprise us all.

(Please let me be wrong!)

I'm still picking a Red Rebel win by 10.

Reguards to the Board,

Map

825320141[/snapback]

I had the same feeling. Nothing felt right about that game. We played well enough to beat a 2A school with a lot of talent. Even though AB scored twice, I didn't feel a real punch from the running game and we relied waaaay to heavily on Andrew.

A lot of that you can chalk up to the aforementioned talent across the field. Alcoa isn't Central, Morristwon West or Even William Blount though. We'll have to play better to win those big games. Bottom line- more consistency from the running game and a second threat at receiver will help a bunch.

I'll take any win over Alcoa! thumb

Maryville 45

Halls 17

Is there not one Halls fan with some guts??? Not one confused momma or loud mouth player who thinks they can beat the mighty Red Rebel Nation. Guess not. The Nation plays one quarter the JV plays 2 and just for good measure the Frosh play the 4th. I heard it last year, don't get confident, don't overlook the devils, Coach whoever schemes us well. Who won last year? The year before that. As I recall that whole group at Halls has never beaten us, Frosh JV or Varsity. We can win with class and should. However, facts are facts and don't discount our boys hard work by poor mouthing or feeling sorry for the losers.

Halls is one of those teams you always hear, "hey, they'll play you tough" about. They always do put up their A game for Maryville and for a short time there, they were one of Maryville's biggest opponents.

I don't wanna sound like I'm dissing them, but this really should be a good tune up for Maryville and that's about it. It's just about as easy as you can get in a warm up for the meat of our schedule.

Hey, beat us Halls fans and I'll eat all the crow you want me to.