Camden at Mckenzie....Lets Get It ON!

runninrebs

McKenzie will show all the Camden folks that once again they just arent on the big program levels like us and Huntingdon. I hear Camden folks are getting all excited about this team, like they are something special. True you beat Union City(if they even count), Trenton, Milan (definatley not team of old), and Waverly(who couldnt beat their own Jr High team). true yall super defense shut them down runnning the ball, but from what i hear the QB had his way with the Camden secondary on the hitch patterns. Which is a bad sign for yall, i mean Mr Hayes might just light yall up for 50. i am not here to just bash on the ctown, i just think they need to win the big games before the town gets into a frenzy. the are not a football powerhouse, true like this one year they went undefeated like in the 80's, but besides that I cant remember too many 7 win season. so until they win some games how about the town keeps it cool. GO REBS!!!!! i guess after friday night yall will see. MCK WILL ROLL!!!!

825321312[/snapback]

WELL I GUESS YOUR RIGHT CAMDEN SHOULD WAIT TILL THEY BEAT SOMEONE ... DOES McKENZIE COUNT? THE REBELS D COULDNT STOP ANYONE THE ONLY WAY THE SCORE WAS AS CLOSE AS IT WAS WERE THE TURNOVERS ----17 OF THE REBS POINTS WERE FROM THAT . IF CAMDEN DOESNT TURN OVER THE BALL AND SCORE ON EVEN 2 OF THOSE POSSETIONS AND THE GAME IS A BLOW OUT . AND CAMDENS DEFENCE !!!!!! WELL WHAT CAN YOU SAY IF THEY LEARN HOW TO QUIT CRAMPING AND WATCH OUT . HUNTINGDON IS STILL THE CLASS OF THE REGION , BUT CAMDEN #2 AND THE REST ARE JUST WANNA BE'S . GO LIONS!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing stopping Camden was Camden and the score probably should have been more like 49-14, but it wasn't. I have to give props to Drew Hayes, he is one heck of a quarterback. I thought Camden's defense did a great job on him, but a player makes plays. In a game like this one, it comes down to who wants it more. Both teams are good ballclubs, good luck in the future to both.

Having played for camden in the past, I think this is probably the biggest win in the last 6 or 7 years, and you can tell this is not one of the Camden teams of old.... Just by looking at them, they are bigger, stronger and faster than any of the playoff teams camden has had.. And kudos to their weight training! How else does an undersized offensive line dominate a game? I saw the waverly game. Camden owned it. I had to miss the McK game due to illness, but I've read every article and every post here. THe score should have been more like 48-14 or something in that area. But, Camden can't shoot itself in the proverbial foot if they expect to compete with the elite of the region. Mostly coaching has made the difference. There have been some talented teams in the past, but Coach Ward and Shaun McDowell have brought a lot to the program. Ward certainly gets more respect from the players than Fisher did. Even the town is talking about the football program for once. No, these aren't the Lions of old, who just had hopes of MAKING the playoffs. Now theyre talking about winning in the playoffs, playing 15 games! That kind of talk used to draw laughter in Benton County. But now, the team has confidence in themselves the town believes too. Unbelievers have been quelled for Camden has won that big game you were all talking about. The measuring stick comes to town in Week 6. Then we'll see. And to runninrebs, how'd you like watching that one after all that smack you talked?

congrats to the lions...i thought they played really well, and they deserved the win. the first qtr was a great one for the lions. the 3rd qtr was a little scary with everyone cramping and getting sick, but they pulled threw it and pulled it out. it thought all of the players played really well, ecspecially josh b, bryce wilbanks, chad h, and the whole rest of the team played good. they played as a team is the main thing. mckenzie prob wont be talkin so much talk this week either. :o (MR HAYES) played pretty good i have to say but it wasnt enough to beat (MR WARD)!!!!but, in all fairness, mckenzie looked good as always and camden showed what they really have...good job to both teams.

Having played for camden in the past, I think this is probably the biggest win in the last 6 or 7 years, and you can tell this is not one of the Camden teams of old.... Just by looking at them, they are bigger, stronger and faster than any of the playoff teams camden has had.. And kudos to their weight training! How else does an undersized offensive line dominate a game? I saw the waverly game. Camden owned it. I had to miss the McK game due to illness, but I've read every article and every post here. THe score should have been more like 48-14 or something in that area. But, Camden can't shoot itself in the proverbial foot if they expect to compete with the elite of the region. Mostly coaching has made the difference. There have been some talented teams in the past, but Coach Ward and Shaun McDowell have brought a lot to the program. Ward certainly gets more respect from the players than Fisher did. Even the town is talking about the football program for once. No, these aren't the Lions of old, who just had hopes of MAKING the playoffs. Now theyre talking about winning in the playoffs, playing 15 games! That kind of talk used to draw laughter in Benton County. But now, the team has confidence in themselves the town believes too. Unbelievers have been quelled for Camden has won that big game you were all talking about. The measuring stick comes to town in Week 6. Then we'll see. And to runninrebs, how'd you like watching that one after all that smack you talked?

825328545[/snapback]

don't forget coach blow. He came from a winning program in Huntingdon and installed the wingt at camden.

As I posted Fri. nite after the game, my congrats to Camden for a very well played game and getting the win.

There were 2-3 McKenzie fans on here before the game that were a little over excited about the game but, that's all part of the game. Please don't try to cheapen the game by blaming the closeness of it on turnovers, etc.. They are just part of the game and the Rebels had something to do with that. Mistakes hurt McKenzie too. The game was what it was--close and hard fought.

If ya'll remember back to last season, we all pretty much ruled out the "shoulda, woulda, coulda" excuses as admisable on here---it's all part of the game.

As far as the McKenzie/Camden game being a rivalry, it pretty much always has been to us in McKenzie. In region 6AA that game goes a long way as a measuring stick to measure both teams by. Even before the classification systems came to be it was a big game for both schools. I for one wish Camden the best this season now that our deal is over and best of luck in the playoffs. Maybe we'll meet again then!