2A Publics Moving Up?

ELA

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think TIPHI97 is correct I think Trousdale was 1A. I know for a fact that Trousdale used to be 1A because my brother played for Ezell & they played Trousdale in the playoffs. Now I am not 100% that when they moved up they were 2A or not but I think they were 1A.

825323175[/snapback]

Trousdale was 2a in enrollment. They moved up to 3a. Now they are 1a again in enrollment. I know that for a fact.

Classification of TSSAA Schools for 2001-2005

Classification Overview | School Classification List | Classification Counts and Misc. Information

Football Division I Class 2A

Enrollment School

364 Rockwood High School

369 Mitchell High School

377 Goodpasture Christian School

384 Tyner Academy

384 Dresden High School

386 Manassas High School

386 Alcoa High School

387 Adamsville High School

390 Trousdale Co. High School

394 Houston Co. High School

396 Huntingdon High School

Edited by Antwan

You can move up more then one division, look at Trousdale Co. going 1A to 3A. If Tyner was in 4A they would only have to travel to schools like East Ridge, Central, Brainerd, Red Bank, Cleveland, Rhea Co., and I think Walker Valley will be 4A next year.

825323132[/snapback]

As TIPHI97! has pointed out, it makes a lot of sense for Tyner to jump to 4A. Right now, the team has to travel up to two hours just to play region games. Gate, concessions, and parking are hardly worth it when it is always a blow-out and fans from those schools from far away rarely make the trip. As it is, Tyner has recently played (and beaten) Hixson, Chatt Central, and Brainerd -- all 4A schools. Also, Turner is already scheduling schools like BGA and McCallie as non-division games to give the players some tougher competition.

Someone earlier pointed out that Tyner is set in 2A. If having an easy schedule and dominating the conference is being "set", then this is true. Coach Turner, however, seems to look forward to better competition, not fear it. Financially, travel costs go down, revenues go up, and competition gets better if Tyner jumps to 4A.