Lexington @ Huntingdon

$guy$

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not about to deny that Lexington tried to put up points.  If the game is 36-3, I'll try to at least put up some points too.  Nor did I say I ever say Mansfield was trying to run up the score.  I was trying to explain the reason form the Lexington coach being so mad going into this game.  That being said and Huntingdon fans becoming so defenseive, I thought I would let the scores speak for themselves.  Ladies and gentlemen, the 2003 Huntingdon Mustangs schedule and results courtesy of coacht.com.....

Fri Aug. 29 at Hollow Rock-Bruceton  W 46-7   

Fri Sep. 5 Adamsville R  W 70-7   

Fri Sep. 12 at Lexington  W 43-19   

Fri Sep. 19 at Chester Co. R  W 27-7   

Fri Sep. 26 Westview  W 42-7   

Fri Oct. 3 Camden Central R  W 51-7   

Fri Oct. 10 Milan  L 6-24   

Fri Oct. 17 Decatur Co. Riverside R  W 35-0   

Fri Oct. 24 at Union City  W 47-14   

Fri Oct. 31 at McKenzie R  W 42-7   

Fri Nov. 7 Harpeth  W 60-12   

Fri Nov. 14 Chester Co.  W 47-0   

Fri Nov. 21 at Lewis Co.  W 35-6   

Fri Nov. 28 Milan  W 34-29   

Fri Dec. 5 David Lipscomb 2A State Championship W 48-14

825332706[/snapback]

If I remember correctly it seems I heard on the state finals broadcast that Huntingdon's first team only played the full four quarter in 3 or 4 games. What do these scores you posted mean? They mean Huntingdon's second and third teams are better than most of the starters on these teams listed. Even this year agaisnt bruceton I saw there freshman score against the tigers first team. They also run a qb sneak on second down and kicked a fieldgoal on third to keep from scoring another td. They're just better coached it seems than most teams, thats the way I see it.

i'm looking at the stats right now of the lex vs. huntingdon game last year. with a minute left in the 4th quarter and the score of 37-19, terrence bell was still in the ball game!!! he had a 14 yd run for the touchdown against lex's 2nd string. and you say huntingdon's coach wasn't trying to run up the score??? yeah right!!!

i'm looking at the stats right now of the lex vs. huntingdon game last year.  with a minute left in the 4th quarter and the score of 37-19, terrence bell was still in the ball game!!!  he had a 14 yd run for the touchdown against lex's 2nd string. and you say huntingdon's coach wasn't trying to run up the score??? yeah right!!!

825332997[/snapback]

bull crap, what stat book tells if a team has their second team in. Its the job of the losing team to throw in the towel. Throw it in and surrender or get the thumping you deserve.

I still say yall think way too much of the stangs this year. Huntingdon taste defeat to the TIGERS of Lexington come Friday night. Lexington is a 3A playoff team!!!

How is the Huntingdon kicking game? Mustangs will need all the points it can get!! 

BIG RED-------28

Huntingdon----26  notice 2 extra points missed

825333014[/snapback]

You may be right, but defeat won't come from lexington. Its woodshed time for the tigers i'm afraid. And if I may be so bold as to suggest, 3A is weak.

This is absolutly haliarious. I mean haliarious.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Coach Mansfield and the Mustangs. They are the best team in West TN and is one of the top 20 programs in the state in any division. I also expect them to repeat in 2A.

Actually as we speak I am in Nashville and the only way I can keep up with West TN football is on here. I was at the game 2 years ago, but was not there last year. I do remember an article on thejackson.com about Bell scoring a TD with not much time left and that causing a rift between the coaches after the game. It had something to do with his birthday or something. That was all my first post was stating. From that fans started becoming defensive about running up the score. From there I just wanted to see how many feathers I could ruffle of Mustang fans. I'm just glad to know it was mission accomplished. Lay off the coffee people, we're all just here to have a good time.

I stand by my statement that it will be a good game. Both teams are experienced, and it should be a high scoring affair. As I said earlier, Huntindon is the favorite as they should be, but Lexington will make it a game. I don't know about last year, but they were a break or two a couple of years ago from making it a close game. It'll be worth my 100 mile drive to see it.

Turbo are you saying 2A is stronger than 3A?  That why I read your post!! You are a crazy football fan. Are you still holding a seat on the horse train? I sorta want the Tigers to give the stangs a beatin!! Yall fans are bad to the bone!! After Friday stang fans will be wipin their eyes and crying like a bunch of babies!!

825333118[/snapback]

yes, 2A is much tougher. Seat still saved, get on board the stang train.

2-3 years ago I would have said that 2A is tougher, not so this year. A lot of the 2A powerhouses aren't nearly as powerful as they have been in recent years. Huntingdon is about the only dominant one left. Milan is good, but lost a lot, Westview is very young, Union City is just down, Humboldt isn't what they used to be either.

Crockett Co, South Side, Lexington, McNairy, Covington, Ripley make 3A better than 2A for the time being. It could all change in a year though.

On other topics.....

Do the Mustangs still run the base wing-T that they have run in recent years? What is their base D now?