Lexington @ Huntingdon

$guy$

Mansfield did not put up points late in that game. It is his job to not be trying to throw the ball down the field and things like that trying to score but when you run the ball right up the middle and the other team cant stop it then that is there fault. The only time Huntingdon has ever run up the score on anybody was Harpeth b/c Harpeth had their 1st team going against Huntingdon's 3rd team and were still trying to throw the ball down the field. If your defense cant stop a team dont complain about them running up the score.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mansfield did not put up points late in that game.  It is his job to not be trying to throw the ball down the field and things like that trying to score but when you run the ball right up the middle and the other team cant stop it then that is there fault.  The only time Huntingdon has ever run up the score on anybody was Harpeth b/c Harpeth had their 1st team going against Huntingdon's 3rd team and were still trying to throw the ball down the field.  If your defense cant stop a team dont complain about them running up the score.

825332633[/snapback]

Hmmmm...........if I remember correctly, the score was 36-19 with under two minutes left (may have been under 1), Huntingdon's starters were till in the game, and Mansfield kept giving the ball to the start RB last year (his name slips my mind) because it was his birthday or something like that. I'f sure that the calls weren't HB dive right either.

Mustang69 the stang secondary is going to be tested you can count on that!!!Lexington will make the grade!!  Huntingdon will fail big time!!!

825332647[/snapback]

Oh well, you know what they say, the best defense is a good offense.

Ty Evans can't throw, Buckley can't catch, and Fields can't run, if they are sitting on the bench....

RUMOR MILL: I heard that Donald was being moved to FS. :lol: Can you spell OUCH??? I sure wouldn't want to be a receiver or ball carrier with him coming at me with a full head of steam. :lol:

Hmmmm...........if I remember correctly, the score was 36-19 with under two minutes left (may have been under 1), Huntingdon's starters were till in the game, and Mansfield kept giving the ball to the start RB last year (his name slips my mind) because it was his birthday or something like that.  I'f sure that the calls weren't HB dive right either.

825332670[/snapback]

If I remember correctly, Huntingdon took their starters out of the game at the beginning of the 4th quarter and Lexington kept their starters in and scored two quick touchdowns throwing the ball down the field against freshmen and sophomore 2nd and 3rd stringers.

I'm not about to deny that Lexington tried to put up points. If the game is 36-3, I'll try to at least put up some points too. Nor did I say I ever say Mansfield was trying to run up the score. I was trying to explain the reason form the Lexington coach being so mad going into this game. That being said and Huntingdon fans becoming so defenseive, I thought I would let the scores speak for themselves. Ladies and gentlemen, the 2003 Huntingdon Mustangs schedule and results courtesy of coacht.com.....

Fri Aug. 29 at Hollow Rock-Bruceton W 46-7

Fri Sep. 5 Adamsville R W 70-7

Fri Sep. 12 at Lexington W 43-19

Fri Sep. 19 at Chester Co. R W 27-7

Fri Sep. 26 Westview W 42-7

Fri Oct. 3 Camden Central R W 51-7

Fri Oct. 10 Milan L 6-24

Fri Oct. 17 Decatur Co. Riverside R W 35-0

Fri Oct. 24 at Union City W 47-14

Fri Oct. 31 at McKenzie R W 42-7

Fri Nov. 7 Harpeth W 60-12

Fri Nov. 14 Chester Co. W 47-0

Fri Nov. 21 at Lewis Co. W 35-6

Fri Nov. 28 Milan W 34-29

Fri Dec. 5 David Lipscomb 2A State Championship W 48-14

Hmmmm...........if I remember correctly, the score was 36-19 with under two minutes left (may have been under 1), Huntingdon's starters were till in the game, and Mansfield kept giving the ball to the start RB last year (his name slips my mind) because it was his birthday or something like that.  I'f sure that the calls weren't HB dive right either.

825332670[/snapback]

The running backs name is Terrance Bell. You might want to go back and look at the film again though. Mansfield was trying to run out the clock and had Chris Donald(freshman) at tailback. We weren't having any luck moving the ball so Bell was put back in and given the ball on a play right up the gut. I want to say he broke one for about 50 or 60 yards.

Also, you was talking about experience. Just remember that a lot of the sophomores and juniors played most of the second half for Huntingdon all season.