Alcoa at William Blount

Budrock

Most of us Maryville fans have given "The Duck" or whatever his just due. He is a good back, not a great one so try not to make this kid into something he might be one day into something he is not yet. 150 yards on how many carries and vs. who is an important factor as well. I also don't think young Joey will pick anyone apart unless the Alcoa line blocks better.

I look for a good game between these Blount Co rivals. The game could go to the team that makes least mistakes. Neither team is dominating in my view. WB will be looking at pride at home and I think this will be enough for a WB close maybe OT win.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well FBEmeritus rebelron, a few more as well as yourself has given him his props. I didn't say he was the greatest back to ever run the ball but he is a good back. And as for our opponents go I hated to lose to Maryville again just because of the rivalry hype around Blount Co. but it's not a big deal when Maryville beats Alcoa. It's usually a given because the school population which creates a lot of depth in football.

Maryville is not dominating either from the looks of it. They have a lot of things they can work on also so don't just make it like Maryville is the big bad wolf this year. In the county yes but in 4A play not by a long shot. Only time will tell. Good luck though. thumb

True a school like Alcoa that has only and enrolment of about 400 kids it is hard to compete with a larger school with say 1200-1600 like they do here in Blount County.

As far as your assessment that Maryville is not that dominating, you are right and it is hard for us to gage the team when they have not been challenged yet this year, in my opinion. A team that gives up the ball 6-8 times during a game is not going far and trust me it has us Maryville faithful concerned some. We do have a tried and true coaching staff who we expect and trust to pull it together.

True a school like Alcoa that has only and enrolment of about 400 kids it is hard to compete with a larger school with say 1200-1600 like they do here in Blount County.

As far as your assessment that Maryville is not that dominating, you are right and it is hard for us to gage the team when they have not been challenged yet this year, in my opinion.  A team that gives up the ball 6-8 times during a game is not going far and trust me it has us Maryville faithful concerned some.  We do have a tried and true coaching staff who we expect and trust to pull it together.

825329266[/snapback]

I agree with your post. Maryville really hasn't been challenged. Good Luck though. thumb

WB's Defensive Coordinator is going to be the man down the road.

825330592[/snapback]

From the way the past 2 games Richie Marsh shouldn't be the defensive coordinator. He's given up 80 points in 2 games and the hardest part of the season hasn't even come yet. WB is looking to go 0-7 right now if they don't pull it together cause after Alcoa they have Ooltewah, Maryville, Farragut and Oak Ridge

so the situation for WB is looking bleak right now. If don't win friday it will break them. thumb