Blackman at Brentwood

if the blaze come out how they did against LC and Siegel (for the start of the game) and play with out mistakes and penalties listen for the half time score to be the blaze up. but they have got to hold on to it, they let LC hang around and got beat, didnt put it to siegel and almost loss. if they play a good second half as well look for a 2-1 blaze.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um not really...locke played alot of QB last year to...he made a huge mistakes last game and Alsup wont let u walk right back up to the position that easy

The only time Locke was behind center last year, was for 3 snaps in the Lincoln County loss at the pit. He played the rest of the year at Wideout.

In regards to the Lincoln Co. game this year. "he made a huge mistakes last game" , Marques fumbled 1 time as a punt returner, and once at QB. He also ran for 90 yards, and had his team up 21-10 with 5 minutes to go.

If we are blaming anyone for that loss, blame the kid that busted his coverage on the long pass play for LC, which made the score 21-18.

If the Blaze had lost to Siegel, which in reality they should have, we wouldnt even be having this discussion. Everyone would be saying, "Why did you change QBs"

Guest region4fan

Did you ever consider that Locke was pulled to keep Daddy Juicy in line?? That is my theory and I am sticking to it. Juicy is known for making threats to leave when he doesn't get his way.....ask Rankin....threatened to leave Eric's senior yr and go to BA b/c Eric's passing numbers weren't what Juicy thought they should be. Rankin apparently caved as you can look at those stats and see that Locke passed for well over 1,000 yds that yr. Alsup will not let anyone run the show, and I think is making a statement. Now that Nixon is gone.....the team can be HIS again!

Cave starts at QB: Brentwood 38 Blackman 13

Locke plays some offense: Brentwood 27 Blackman 24

Locke starts at QB: Brentwood 31 Blackman 35

Lets see what happens

If Cave is such a good passer. The blaze need to be throwing at least 20 times. They usually throw about 5 (Last week when Cave started he only threw 6 times.....thats a waste of his talent and Marques' offensive talent..cause Locke played 1 play on offense)

Again, Lets see what happens

Meredith got hurt on the first series (ankle), but from looking at how the Bruin defense shut down every running attempt Blackman had, it wouldn't have made any difference if he had been healthy. Blackman had 22 rushing attempts for 24 yards in the first half, and just 40 yards of total offense. Cave/Locke threw four picks, others almost picked off. Bruins scored almost everytime they had the ball in the first half. Meredith MIGHT have helped from getting shut out, but Blackman did not match up well at all against Brentwood. Blaze got majority of offense in fourth quarter against reserves-but still couldn't put up points. Bruins defense absolutely flies to the ball.

Hope Kenny recovers-he's a fine running back and defender.

Good luck the rest of the season.

Guest region4fan

Brentwood is a well-coached team with very good athletes. Even though their student enrollment is down ( they are tied with Oakland with 2nd smallest 5A school) that doesn't seem to be a factor. Best of luck to the Bruins for the rest of their season.

Man, oh man...this Smyrna and Blackman game is going to be the continuation of a big rivalry. With Wells at BHS.......................HUGE game!

Brentwood is a well-coached team with very good athletes. Even though their student enrollment is down ( they are tied with Oakland with 2nd smallest 5A school) that doesn't seem to be a factor. Best of luck to the Bruins for the rest of their season.

Man, oh man...this Smyrna and Blackman game is going to be the continuation of a big rivalry. With Wells at BHS.......................HUGE game!

825336630[/snapback]

also adding to the fact that smyrna can ill afford to lose a 2nd region game this early in the year

kenny did get hurt but he didnt seem to hurt. the blaze had many injuries this game. kenny was out, starting DT was out C has broken wrist OT got a concusion

FS was out, starting CB moved to FS then broke his ankle or something and the about the rest of teh team played both ways.

plus i think kenny could of played but it was non-region so why risk a bigger chance of injury.

good luck against symrna next week