NCS vs FRA

WhoamI2033

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a loss to DCA last friday NCS is mad. When they get mad they get pumped up and the home field advantage should be a big help. Luke Jerkins and Jason Vanatta had a great game last week but some missed tackles and bad calls didn't help the team. NCS will come into the FRA game ready to play.

NCS 35 FRA 7

825328955[/snapback]

Agreed that NCS will win, but maybe not a blowout. And, what does NCS have to be mad about? They are clearly much better than they were last year and they were clearly not as good as DCA. As for the questionable calls....aren't they all?

After a loss to DCA last friday NCS is mad. When they get mad they get pumped up and the home field advantage should be a big help. Luke Jerkins and Jason Vanatta had a great game last week but some missed tackles and bad calls didn't help the team. NCS will come into the FRA game ready to play.

NCS 35 FRA 7

825328955[/snapback]

Should be interesting to see this "angry and pumped up" NCS team after their embarassing night at DCA. These 2 teams could be playing for the 4th playoff spot so i suspect it to be close. I'll take FRA in an upset (an upset according to WhoamI that is.....).

FRA 20, NCS 13

Yeah all of those calls are questionable but Nashville Christian had the team it took to beat DCA. If they would have tackled Wooden DCA wouldn't have scored half of there touchdowns. NCS was very frusterated because they knew they could do better and i think they will channel that toward FRA.

825329199[/snapback]

Yes, if they had tackled Wooden, blocked better, ran better, threw better, etc., etc.. If you want to beat DCA or anyone, you have to tackle the running back. That's pretty basic.

In 2 weeks NCS has even a tougher job - getting close enough to even try to tackle Landers from CPA. He is the ultimate "ankle breaker".

i don't think CPA will try to run the ball to much i think they will throw it to sykes and let him do his thing. and NCS had no trouble with the passing attck or running attack their D had one problem and it was Wooden. No one else was a real threat. Wooden single handedly took out NCS linebackers and left CB and safetys to chase him down but this isn't about Wooden or CPA this is about NCS vs FRA. Try predicting and giving thoughts about that game.

i don't think CPA will try to run the ball to much i think they will throw it to sykes and let him do his thing. and NCS had no trouble with the passing attck or running attack their D had one problem and it was Wooden. No one else was a real threat. Wooden single handedly took out NCS linebackers and left CB and safetys to chase him down but this isn't about Wooden or CPA this is about NCS vs FRA. Try predicting and giving thoughts about that game.

825329215[/snapback]

I only mentioned Landers and CPA because you blamed your loss on your inability to tackle a RB and you face him in 2 weeks. Wooden is not the back he was last year (I am not putting him down - actually, I am a big Wooden fan, but he is still not back to his old form) and NCS will face a good RB each week, and great backs at CPA and in the playoffs if they make it.

I guess I am just perplexed about this thread, with NCS fans trying to imply the game was a close matchup when it wasn't. NCS is much better this year, but they still have a way to go to be at DCA or CPA's level.

CPA's offense is not just passing to Sikes (not Sykes). They ran against Goodpasture, threw against Riverdale (no 1A team can run against Riverdale) and ran a balanced attack against Murphy (Sikes only had 4 catches, but 3 TD's). Coach Pack was a great HS coach, but I have never seen a better designed offense than Coach Matthews has put in since arriving at CPA.

By the way, I like NCS and hope they continue to improve as they appear to be doing.

CPA is one of the bests i'll give them that but like i said i seriously doubt they will give landers the ball a lot. what worked for them last year was throwin it to sykes and thats all that should happen this year, and i think the NCS players and coaches realize that and Wooden didn't look any better or worse he looked like the same Chris Wooden. it seemed that NCS aimed for his knee to much thats how they couldn't tackle him you can't ankle tackle a guy like Wooden or guys like anyone on that CPA team.

FRA vs NCS is lookin to be a good game considering FRA will most likely try to run it since they were at the DCA game they saw what happened.

my new prediction is

NCS 14 FRA 7

I dont know who you are but i from what i saw wooden wasnt the only thing that hurt ncs. dca had couple of long passes that hurt ncs. and chris wooden is a good back but he was not 100%. he got up slow quite a few times after the ncs people who "couldnt tackle" him did. I'll take ncs over fra but it seemed to me that dca was just too much for them. i guess it doesnt help the ncs boys that almost all of them play both ways. dca and cpa are definetely the top two this year but its still early in the season and ncs and fra and everyone else has time to improve. it should be an interesting year.