Should girls play?

TigersBball42

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I don't know what most of u guys are thinking when writing these things b/c I happend to have played football and wrestled in hs. I just graduated this past May and let me inform u I could handle being knocked around but to clear things up I also knocked some of the guys around. I played o-line and d-line my sophmore year. I have also wrestled since 7th grade and my sr year I wrestled up 2 weight classes and did very well I was only 2 matches away from going to states. So for all u little boys who think girls can't or shouldn't play "boy sports" just let me know and will find out which one of us should play :angry:

OK, I'll bite at this one.

For about 6 years now women have had a Professional Football leage for women. Thus far it has not become totally profitable yet but it may with big backers like Coke and others. It is a good brand of football.

In High School girls have no place on a football field with boys. Society is simply not ready for this to happen across the board. I'm not going to argue strength and ability and all that, facts are facts, by and large girls cannot compete and would suffer life altering injury on a greater scale.

I would like to see the TSSAA establish county teams for girl’s football to see if there is enough interest for the sport. But no guys with dolls in pads.

Yea, you might have been able to play those sports and you might have done all right, but to say that you're actually as physcially capable as all the boys is ridiculous. Now I give you props because you have had to work 10 times harder than all the guys just to get the amount of muscle that an average guy has. I know we're not talking about the pros, but what if a girl was lined up at the half back opposite of Ray Lewis? Most guys cringe at that thought because they know that he will/can hurt them, but a girl is built differently, girls just anatomically aren't built to withstand as much physical abuse. Now there are some exceptional female athletes that can outrun/out jump some of the guys, but how many of those girls can you find? Right now, thinking back, I can't recall a girl in Tennessee running a faster 400 meters that I ran, and I was just an above average 400 runner (just good enough to make region), but still I can't ever recall a girl running faster than I did. I also high jumped in high school and I can't recall a girl ever jumping higher than I did, I know of 1 coming close, but she was the state champion. I can't recall a girl long jumping further than me, or triple jumping further than me. In 4 years of competition in track, as an average to above average athlete I can't really recall a girl that was capable of beating me in anything other than the throwing events (I am scrawny). Sure there were some that could compete and would gimme a run for my money, on our track team (out of about 100 athletes over 4 years) there was only one girl that could run with the guys in sprints. So sure there are the occasional Mia Hamms (who by the way did play football) who can play and do all right, but they really aren't anything but average football players among guys. In economics there is a theory that states that each country/person should specialize in what they do best and what will be most productive for them, so economically speaking, its not very logical for a girl to play football when she of course won't be the best (in 99 percent of the cases). All this being said, I think if a girl WANTS to play they shouldn't tell her no. Still I find it odd that its not a two way street. Here at Tennessee Tech we have a female track team, female soccer team, and a female volleyball team, but the guys are stuck with club teams in these sports. So it brings up the question...is Article IX really fair?

Okay a few more things...

Number 1...The Lady Vols practice against basically a group of intramural basketball players. They might have high school experience, but they aren't at collegiate level talent. Therefore its exceptional female athletes against above average male athletes. Which means that the talent levels are probably about the same with the females winning over due to some talent and also a team mentality.

Number 2....There is no way you can compare pop warner football to high school football. Sure its just a step down, but 13-14 year old guys are well behind females in maturity. I know that there are 3 or 4 girls on a local 12 year old football team in Blount County, and those girls can compete because of the maturity levels. Once a guy hits late 14-15 and he grows up and he starts hitting weights...well the girls no longer have ANY advantage.

Number 3...When I was growing up I played baseball and when I was in little league i made the all star team and in one tournament there was a girl on one of the teams. Now don't get me wrong, she was pretty good, but in one of the last games of the tournament she broke her arm sliding into home. That was the first and last injury I heard/saw at a baseball game. Take this how you want.

Number 4...As a freshman in high school I played basketball for the school and our basketball coach happened to be an ex UT football player. Well this ex football player had quite a temper. In fact we were doing a charging drill where a 200 pound center would essentially run over a 120 pound Japaneese shooting guard. When the shooting guard shied away the coach ran up to him and yelled, "What are you afraid of Jenichi, he's not the A bomb!" Later in the year my best friend wasn't playing tough enough for the coach in practice...he picked him up by his throat and slammed his fist into my best friends stomach. These are the trials I went through as a basketball player, could a girl handle them?

Number 5...My senior year the boys basketball team conviced the girls volleyball coach to let us scrimmage them. While the girls had been working on their game all summer long the boys just threw the team together at the last minute. The girls did go up 5 points to none, but that was all they scored as our physical talent took over. We asked if they wanted a rematch, some of them did, but the volleyball coach feared for her team and said that we spiked it too hard and that a rematch wasn't needed.

Number 6...As a freshman basketball player I went through a lot of painful drills, such as plyometric drills. Now after hearing of the way the girls did their leg strengthening my friend and I proposed a little competition between the two of us and two of the girls basketball players. The girls were doing wall sits to strengthen the muscles in their quads, so we challenged them to see who could do it the longest. Not only is this considered a physical test, but a mental one as well. Both my friend and I won out by considerable margins, considering we started to compete against one another.

You can sit there and give me articles about how many females are starting to succeed as football players, etc, but truth of the matter is that 99 percent of them really can't compete on the same level as the boys, and as some guys have stated, they don't think its fair to them to have to block/hit someone of the "fairer" sex. A guy goes onto the football field with a killer's mentality, thinking they are going to kill whoever their opponent is, because if you don't kill hem, they will kill you. If you take this literally, most males don't want to kill a female, or fight a female for that matter. Many guys have said they would rather not fight than to fight a female. Its uncomfortable, its improper, its wrong to them on so many levels. Males see this as respect, but girls see this as a form of sexist behavior!?

Girls playing Football ;) .........That is the stupidest thing i've ever heard. You can call me w/e you want too B) . God didn't make ladies to play football. If you disagree then w/e YOU'RE WRONG!!!..........If girls had their own league that would better but still stupid B) ......And who would come???? I know i wouldn't want to see a bunch of girls playing football...maybe like on a sat when i had nothing to do and it was on TV but other than that NO....it's funny how a small fraction of people come to sports events involving girls compared to the people at Boys athletics. I'm for some girls sports and they have enough to keep them busy....whenever they start beating boys in basketball then we could start talking about them playing football until then ( which that will NEVER HAPPEN) this topic is stupid! <_<

825329102[/snapback]

I rather doubt God had football in mind when he created man either..... think about it. Do you think he said "I think I will give him a pea sized brain just in case he wants to knock heads with other pea- brained men on the weekends"? Next you will be saying we belong at home having babies and cleaning house. Fine with me ... at least I know 2 things will be done correctly.

Girls couldn't take the pains, rigors and long intense practices like guys do day in and days out. Their bodies aren't made for the beats and bangs. I have seen some pretty tough girls in my life, but put them in pads they wouldn't be anything. It's a whole different game when you're getting hit play after play rather than PK'ing (place kicking) If a girl can play the whole football game buzzer to buzzer against a real football team not a powderpuff team then I will believe that they should be able to play, but until then keep to basket weaving and cross stitching.... :huh:

Edited by 02Wildcat

Ok I don't know what most of u guys are thinking when writing these things b/c I happend to have played football and wrestled in hs.  I just graduated this past May and let me inform u I could handle being knocked around  but to clear things up I also knocked some of the guys around.  I played o-line and d-line my sophmore year.  I have also wrestled since 7th grade and my sr year I wrestled up 2 weight classes and did very well I was only 2 matches away from going to states.  So for all u little boys who think girls can't or shouldn't play "boy sports" just let me know and will find out which one of us should play :huh:

825330541[/snapback]

Big deal....I doubt seriously that you did any good at football or wrestling. Girls needs to stick with the basic sports ( all others but football ) Plain and simple they aren't tough enough.