Should girls play?

TigersBball42

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well this is a popular topic i can see... some opinions are more along the likes of reasonable but opinions none the less. Why not give them a shot? If they quit they quit if the cont you play then good for them... sure some say that girls should paly football.. but I mean if I wanted to do something I would most likely do it so why can't they?

My daughter played Little League baseball and did very well. When she got to Babe Ruth, she did not do as well. She ended up playing softball in college. She played Pop Warner football and was one of the better players. If she had wanted to play football in middle school and High School, I would have let her. I would advised her to talk to the middle school and high school coaches and seek other advice. I am strongly against girls playing football and would not want her to play, but it would have been her decision.

Playing and competing with boys (and her brothers) in baseball and basketball made her a better player. She was mentally tougher and played against tough competition, which helped her improved and also helped her confidence.

Edited by wingman10

OK THIS WHOLE TOPIC IS RETARDED. COACHT SHOULD DELETE THIS AND BAN ANYONE FROM TALKING ABOUT THIS AGAIN. I CAN'T BELIEVE SOME OF YOU THINK THEY SHOULD LET EM PLAY. I BET ALL OF YOU WHO SAID THEY SHOULD HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED IN A GAME YOURSELVES. FOOTBALL IS A MAN'S THING AND GIRLS CAN'T PLAY!!!! THEY WOULD DIE!! THE ONLY REASON GIRLS CAN PLAY IN MIDDLE SCHOOL IS B/C GUYS AREN'T BUILT YET. all the girls need to give it up not going to happen.

ok... heres the deal... let guys play on girls teams and then girls can play on guys teams... its only fair, right?

825329515[/snapback]

i am in total aggreement.... i don't understand why parents compare their daughters to boys.. there are a great many talented ladies in the sports dept...

so why do we want to encourage our girls to compete with the guys...

there is fastpitch for girls, ladies basketball... and so on ...

I THINK GIRLS SHOULD PLAY GIRLS' SPORTS OR BE PREPARED FOR THE DAY WHEN YOUR SONS WANTS TO PLAY GIRLS SPORTS... then you will here the protests!!!

If they want to play, let them. I've never met a girl on the top tier of athleticism that I thought could handle a guy of above average athleticism. What position could a girl play if the competition is MBA, BA, Riverdale, Hillsboro, CBHS, or any other top program? Offensive line? No, definitely not. Defensive line? No. D-Back? Maybe Marion Jones when she was doping. Running back? No. Quarterback? no. Fullback? No. Kicker...perhaps. Any position that puts a girl against a DI prospect just isn't going to be pretty, though. I don't care if some girls can beat some guys...some guys can crush everyone of their opposing gender.

If they want to play, let them. I've never met a girl on the top tier of athleticism that I thought could handle a guy of above average athleticism. What position could a girl play if the competition is MBA, BA, Riverdale, Hillsboro, CBHS, or any other top program? Offensive line? No, definitely not. Defensive line? No. D-Back? Maybe Marion Jones when she was doping. Running back? No. Quarterback? no. Fullback? No. Kicker...perhaps. Any position that puts a girl against a DI prospect just isn't going to be pretty, though. I don't care if some girls can beat some guys...some guys can crush everyone of their opposing gender.

825330446[/snapback]

that is correct

You know, I just read this forum, and I never knew there was so many stupid pricks in the world. If girls want to play Football then let them. Are you affraid of get beat by a girl, well, if that's the case then you should not be affiliated with any sport. If a girl beats me out of a position, then she's the better player, simple as that. When I was a Freshman in high school, I was pudgy, in my senior year I was all-region. What I'm saying is, if a girl works out hard, and does all the training, she could be in good enough shape to play football.

I am currently enrolled at the University of Tennessee at Martin, and my Major is Education. I am going through college to be a secondary history teacher, and to coach football. When ever I coach, no matter where that might be, any girl will have the same chance to play football under me. So to all those that think girls can't play football, don't be affraid of getting beat by a girl, try it on for size.

You know, I just read this forum, and I never knew there was so many stupid pricks in the world. If girls want to play Football then let them. Are you affraid of get beat by a girl, well, if that's the case then you should not be affiliated with any sport. If a girl beats me out of a position, then she's the better player, simple as that. When I was a Freshman in high school, I was pudgy, in my senior year I was all-region. What I'm saying is, if a girl works out hard, and does all the training, she could be in good enough shape to play football.

I am currently enrolled at the University of Tennessee at Martin, and my Major is Education. I am going through college to be a secondary history teacher, and to coach football. When ever I coach, no matter where that might be, any girl will have the same chance to play football under me. So to all those that think girls can't play football, don't be affraid of getting beat by a girl, try it on for size.

825330467[/snapback]

no one on this thread is afraid of being beat by a girl, sure they may be in good enough shape to play, but i dont care how massive of a girl you are YOU WILL GET HURT BADLY, girls are not built for football

its a safety issue

like i said a couple pages ago, let them play but treat them like a man on the field